PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Milk Shake and Smoothie

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

nervine
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
yeah, no worries, chuck it in!

Cattmogg
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
I luuuuuuuuurv this smoothie shaker... and its really a great anti oxidant...

Raspberries (small tub, handful...)
1 Alpro raspberry yoghurt
1/2 pint soya milk
Big blob sweedish glace raspberry or vanilla ice cream

Blend it, drink it. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM doesnt it make you feel naughty. :p

emmapresley
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
yeah, no worries, chuck it in!

agreed! bang it all in and blitz.

you could alternatively juice the apples up then bung it in the blender with the other stuff..

triona.d.
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
i've had applie JUICE in a really good smoothie (apricots, apple juice, almonds and soya milk) once but i don't know about the actual fruit. give it a shot!

cedarblue
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
fresh fruit like blueberries can work out expensive so buy bags of frozen forest fruits etc and defrost some in a bowl in fridge overnight, whizz them with a banana, orange and maybe a dollop of nut butter...

Yoggy
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
Ooh, thanks for reminding me about putting nut butter in smoothies! I still have a whole heap to use up in the next few days :)

bobobodkins
Apr 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
juice apples and blend with strawberries, banana and mango....mmm

Glossgirl
Sep 7th, 2007, 11:03 AM
My favorites are banana, blueberries and mango & watermelon and strawberries :)

I also like to add powered cocoa, flax , hemp, sunflowers and sesame seeds. I want to try adding almond butter soon.

absentmindedfan
Sep 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Just made a raspberry milkshake with the remains of a Raspberry Swedish Glace tub some frozen whole raspberries and oat milk :)

vava
Jan 25th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Ani phyo raw book smoothie

pecans dates vanilla coconut oil and water

doesnt sound like much but ooooooooooooooooooh! so very good!:D

Maisiepaisie
Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know of any instant milkshake powder thats vegan or does it all contain D3?

JC
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
someone's probably already mentioned this, but i can't be bothered to look through all 5 pages to find it.... Has anyone tried a Shakeaway milkshake? i haven't had one in ages coz the last one was so sweet it made me feel quite sick, but they are soooo nice! and i'm really impressed that the shop makes an effort to provide good vegan choices. i always have the maple syrup (soya obviously) with jelly tots. yum. :rolleyes:

http://www.shakeaway.com/

Russell
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
My goodness, does that Shakeaway place look splendid! Why must you mock us US citizens with your progressive and delicious dining options, Europe!??!

JC
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
sorry...but if it's any consolation, we don't get creamed corn over here...

treehugga
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Oh my God! I think I will open a shakeaway in Aust. The vegan options are many! Don't know about the cucumber one though.:eek:
Last time I was in Britain (& I am going back 20 years) I was still having dairy and couldn't get a milk shake anywhere. The nearest I got was some pink milk in a glass at a Whimpy :confused:(odd name it means a namby pamby in Australia) Bar - was awful. Nice to see they seem to have progressed so far. Oh My!:)

Mr Flibble
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:16 AM
someone's probably already mentioned this, but i can't be bothered to look through all 5 pages to find it....

That's why the search function was invented ;)

RachelRevolting
Mar 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I like to buy the huge bags of frozen fruit from costco, then whenever I want a smoothie i just throw a good handful in the blender with whatever fruit juice i have around the house, and possibly some sugar/vanilla/etc. if i'm feeling unhealthy. :)

Est
Mar 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
I've been searching for smoothie recipes, and most sites say that you have to use frozen fruit in addition to bananas/juice etc.

My freezer is terminally ill so I can't buy frozen fruit or freeze my own.

Is it vital to use frozen fruit? Would the smoothie be ruined if, for example, I used fresh blueberries and kiwi plus bananas and juice?

When I'm feeling a bit richer I'll replace the freezer but it's not going to happen for a few months!

Thanks for any help on this :)

veggiemaya
Mar 21st, 2008, 08:47 PM
I've been searching for smoothie recipes, and most sites say that you have to use frozen fruit in addition to bananas/juice etc.

My freezer is terminally ill so I can't buy frozen fruit or freeze my own.

Is it vital to use frozen fruit? Would the smoothie be ruined if, for example, I used fresh blueberries and kiwi plus bananas and juice?

When I'm feeling a bit richer I'll replace the freezer but it's not going to happen for a few months!

Thanks for any help on this :)

no, it definitely wont be ruined if you use fresh fruit. i think the frozen fruit (especially banana) makes it a bit thicker and of course, colder. but i have used just fresh fruit and veggies...and they come out great. its all at your own discretion...get creative and have a blast!

veggiemaya
Mar 21st, 2008, 08:50 PM
My goodness, does that Shakeaway place look splendid! Why must you mock us US citizens with your progressive and delicious dining options, Europe!??!

i know!! you just wont find a place like that here. its very upsetting...i think i could spend hours there just looking at the options!

Est
Mar 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks veggiemaya, I will give it a go! :)

veggiemaya
Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
no problem est....let us know how your smoothies turn out. :)

Sarah_
Aug 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe I'm weird but I never put any milk in my stuff. I would much prefer a great smoothie over a milkshake any day-the fruitier the better, and I usually use orange juice as a base because it's really tart and delicious.
So I like to use:
-orange juice
-some berries; strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, etc.
-banana
-whatever fruits I happen to have on hand
-some ice
blendddd

Rakey
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries & freshly squezzed orange juice with a dash of rice dream :D

Strawberries, lime juice and fruit sugar

Animosity
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Peaches and creame smoothie:

Frozen peaches
Frozen banana
Soy milk
Soy creamer (I use vanilla)
1 strawberry
and a bit of kiwi
A bit of whipped creame to top.

It's best to have the peaches and banana frozen so you don't need ice, Which dulls down the flavour which is already mellow in this smoothie.