PDA

View Full Version : Vegan comfort food

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BlackCats
Dec 10th, 2008, 03:37 PM
(Eww how can vodka be made from potatoes, that's horrible.:D)

I find hot drinks comforting as well, I haven't bought any soya or rice milk lately but I like to make hot cocoa or a nice cup of tea when I have it.

bradders
Dec 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
it's official that hot vimto, hot lemon and hot orange etc relieve the symptoms of the cold according to what is apparently the first research into the effects of hot beverages on the common cold in the world and carried out by the (obviously titled) Common Cold Centre in Cardiff.

Zorillo
Dec 20th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Mmm...dates... I mashed apricots and sunflower seeds together recently..could get addictive :)

squigaletta
Dec 20th, 2008, 11:06 PM
dates!!!! I want to buy a box but I'm scared to. I bought 6 yesterday intending to eat some later...they were gone by the time I reached the bus stop :(

speedylemons
Dec 24th, 2008, 11:03 AM
dates!!!! I want to buy a box but I'm scared to. I bought 6 yesterday intending to eat some later...they were gone by the time I reached the bus stop :(

Medjool dates + almond butter [or cashew butter, or peanut butter..] + finely shredded coconut = death by awesomeness overload. :lol:

cobweb
Dec 24th, 2008, 06:17 PM
eugh, dates make me feel sick!

at the moment i am working on not having comfort foods - in fact i am thinking that if i ate ONLY foods i dislike then i will lose a lot of weight and lose my attachment to food.

Zorillo
Dec 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Mine can't last long too :(

speedylemons
Dec 25th, 2008, 06:38 PM
eugh, dates make me feel sick!

at the moment i am working on not having comfort foods - in fact i am thinking that if i ate ONLY foods i dislike then i will lose a lot of weight and lose my attachment to food.

why not try to change your comfort foods into healthier alternatives? Surely we can't lose the attachment to food entirely! It's what gives us life!! :undecided:

Guate_Vegan
Dec 25th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Ice cream (vegan of course). Preferably vanilla tofutti cuties.

crazy_vegan
Dec 25th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Mmm.. comfort foods! I would have to sayy my favorites are french fries, soy ice cream, and taco bell bean burritos without cheese =) hahah how horrible! I wish my comfort foods consisted of things less fattening. oh well. =)

crazy_vegan
Dec 25th, 2008, 08:53 PM
oh p.s... Merry Christmas everyone! =)

cobweb
Dec 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
why not try to change your comfort foods into healthier alternatives? Surely we can't lose the attachment to food entirely! It's what gives us life!! :undecided:

yes but i would like to eat to live, without any sort of emotional attachment to food :faint_smilie:.

Zorillo
Dec 25th, 2008, 10:00 PM
yes but i would like to eat to live, without any sort of emotional attachment to food :faint_smilie:.

Yes, good: just really on music, playing guitar, etc for fun. But hopefully don't lose interest in food and have to force yourself to eat! I wish people wouldn't say how boring your diet is. You could say that they are boring if they have to rely on food for fun. There is music, theatre, chat...walking...go karting... I guess if you have a good mental state and have the right nutrients, you will lose cravings for bad food or overeating dates (whoops!)... um... food

Quantum Mechanic
Dec 26th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Eh...I don't think it's too bad to splurge every once in a while, as long as you don't get to the point of binging, or anything like that, and that you keep it to moderation. If your diet is otherwise healthy, I don't see the harm.

SweetGrass
Dec 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Beans, guacamole, pretzels and hummus, bananas, veggie curry.

aubergine
Dec 29th, 2008, 06:54 PM
The ultimate comfort food are Redwood's sausages dipped in Houmous. Oh yes.

bradders
Dec 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I'd say dipped in a mix of ketchup and vegan brown sauce

cobweb
Dec 29th, 2008, 07:30 PM
i'd say wrapped in a tofutti mozarella style slice

bradders
Dec 29th, 2008, 08:05 PM
ooh, now that does sound amazing

cobweb
Dec 29th, 2008, 08:54 PM
ooh, now that does sound amazing

it is - i can't get the redwoods ready to eat sausages at the moment, probably a good thing as they really don't last long round here. The dog goes crazy for them too :rolleyes:.

eeplox
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Avocados for sure.

shiny2008
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:20 PM
The comfort "food" for me is good book or movie...

pavotrouge
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:41 PM
hopefully no hardcover books :D

twinkle
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
(Eww how can vodka be made from potatoes, that's horrible.:D)

I find hot drinks comforting as well, I haven't bought any soya or rice milk lately but I like to make hot cocoa or a nice cup of tea when I have it.

I had such a great cup of cocoa yesterday! I made it with Green and Black's cocoa powder (a heaped dessertspoonful), soya milk, a dessertspoonful of M&S shredless marmalade (which thickened it a bit and gave it a nice hint of orange) and a teaspoon of sugar. Mmmmmmm. I might have another one tonight actually! :)

BlackCats
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Sounds interesting with the added marmalade.:)

I'm just having a nice cup of proper tea right now that my husband made me. (He made me green tea with rice milk at first. :eek: Haha, lucky I looked at it and saw the colour before I tried to drink it.)

I meant to say that vegan fish fingers and chips are also good comfort food!