PDA

View Full Version : Vegan comfort food

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

ShadowTears
Oct 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
^^I just saw that stuff for the first time on an online store yesterday. It is actually good? I was skeptical, but now I want to try some!

It's delicious! I love it, I have eaten two jars. :bigsmile:

Festered
Oct 23rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
All the food I ever make is for the purpose of comfort lol

Eat Y'self Fitter
Oct 25th, 2010, 01:37 AM
I love dunking ginger nut biscuits in fruit tea- it makes them taste like crumble!

There's this café that I go to that has this choclate ginger rooibos tea, I always get a huge pot and dip chocolate scones in it. It's the best way to spend an hour with a friend.

For some reason Thursday night is a big college drinking night here in the U.S., maybe it's a world wide phenomenon, but alas it's not one I understand. My week usually ends at Thursday, however I'm completely exhausted by Thursday night. My comfort activity as of late consists of going to a dimly lit café on Thursday night and drink herbal tea and eat vegan baked goods. It's a contrast to what most people my age do, but it's divine to me.

kmacbeth
Oct 25th, 2010, 02:36 AM
I've been known to race out the door in the middle of a sweltering summer night in search of a container of Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream.
That stuff is Heavenly!!! It is my main go-to. Also, the So Nice line of coconut milk ice cream is delicious..I recommend the cookie dough!

colleengirl95
Oct 28th, 2010, 09:45 AM
My fav. comfort food would be fried bananas with coconut sugar, cashew nuts and Very Vanilla Soymilk :)

Blueberries
Oct 28th, 2010, 07:08 PM
- Mashed potato with lashings of brown sauce and processed peas
- Hummus + beans/baked tofu on bread
- Marmite toast
- Chips drowned in vinegar with ketchup
- Biscuits dipped in tea/coffee
- Crisps
- Chocolate
- Cereal with soya milk

I could go on all day! Anyone who says they don't comfort-eat is just lying!

Blueberries
Oct 28th, 2010, 07:10 PM
There's this café that I go to that has this choclate ginger rooibos tea, I always get a huge pot and dip chocolate scones in it. It's the best way to spend an hour with a friend.

For some reason Thursday night is a big college drinking night here in the U.S., maybe it's a world wide phenomenon, but alas it's not one I understand. My week usually ends at Thursday, however I'm completely exhausted by Thursday night. My comfort activity as of late consists of going to a dimly lit café on Thursday night and drink herbal tea and eat vegan baked goods. It's a contrast to what most people my age do, but it's divine to me.

That does sound divine! I'm willing to admit that I'm a bit of an old lady :p

candidate
May 29th, 2011, 06:04 PM
roasted cashews with salt <3

Andy_T
May 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Fresh, sweet, juicy pears!
Or bananas with walnuts (tried that out one day to get my omega-3s with my dessert, and I really like it).

Best regards,
Andy

Tofu Monkey
May 31st, 2011, 07:23 PM
My vegan comfort food at the moment is yoghurts and white chocolate buttons. The yoghurt normally reduces my craving for sugar but it seems to be having the opposite effect so that I eat loads of buttons! :)

harpy
May 31st, 2011, 07:44 PM
I made vegetables and pasta with hummus as a sauce recently. I think someone mentioned that use of hummus a while ago but I was a bit sceptical - however it was very good and, to me, a better substitute for macaroni cheese than pasta with ersatz cheese sauce.

twinkle
May 31st, 2011, 10:17 PM
Mashed potato and something like stew or chilli are probably my top comfort food meals, although different foods are good for different occasions. If I'm feeling sick my favourite comfort foods are vegetable broth and some nice toast, for a hangover some form of fried potato (perhaps with a bit of chilli sauce), and nothing beats lemon and raspberry sorbet for a sore throat, or hot apple juice with cinnamon and ginger for a cold :)

Sel Noir
Jul 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Whenever I'm having a bad day, I usually go for a mix of a few things. Fries and cake are the big ones, nice and fattening ;) homemade ketchup is usually better than store-bought but I still find frozen fries better than all others. I've had fresh fries from so many places, and I wish it wasn't the case, but I usually prefer the frozen fries. Haha so much for being gourmet and pretentious :(

RubyDuby
Jul 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
:lol: maybe that should've gone in the confessions thread?

Sel Noir
Jul 21st, 2011, 04:32 PM
Haha tell me about it! My name is Adrian... I am a professional chef, work hard to explore the realm of vegan fine dining... And I prefer frozen fries.

pineappleprincess
Jul 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Sorbet and chocolate are top of my list :)

Bobbi
Aug 2nd, 2011, 02:33 AM
I have to find it. I love nachos.

Sarah_
Aug 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Savory and hot anything. Pot pies, biscuits and gravy, "chicken" and dumplings. Mostly foods my granny used to make when I was a kid.

missbettie
Aug 26th, 2011, 10:20 PM
biscuits and gravy..... :) yummmmmmm I like nachos. :)

Gwydion
Aug 26th, 2011, 11:07 PM
'Biscuits' and gravy still freaks me out everytime I hear it! Just can't help but think about cookie type biscuits. And gravy :eek:

harpy
Aug 26th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Even if biscuits are scone-type things, as I think they are in this context, it doesn't sound that appealing, but no doubt it is if you were reared on it...which brings us back, of course, to Toast as comfort food.

missbettie
Aug 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM
well the biscuit is like bread!!!!! so it makes it ok. :) trust me!! you would looooooove it.

DiaShel
Aug 27th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I second Nachos.

Firestorm
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:42 PM
well the biscuit is like bread!!!!! so it makes it ok. :) trust me!! you would looooooove it.

I'm making biscuits this week, cant wait. I love trying new foods

Andy_T
Aug 29th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Chili sin carne!!!
Good ole' baked beans
Vegan pizza
and recently vegan puff pastries filled with tomato or spinach filling.