PDA

View Full Version : Vegan comfort food

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Roxy
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:14 PM
What kind of things do you eat them with?

acousticCORE123
Jul 10th, 2005, 09:45 PM
1)Peanut butter and peach sandwiches!!! yum...
2)anything chocolate and
3)heavily peppered french fries

sugarmouse
Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:00 AM
i jus eat soup when im grumpy...r anythin by tofutti.lol

kimmyk
Jul 23rd, 2005, 04:42 AM
I would have to say zig zag soy dream ice cream. It's lke eating a resse's peanut butter cup. :)

tipsy
Jul 24th, 2005, 12:29 AM
tofutti cuties top the list.

chocolate.

really anything with sugar in it... :D

ConsciousCuisine
Jul 24th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Mashed potatoes or steamed veggies or toast with Earth Balance and Nutritional Yeast

Dahl, especial red lentil leek

Soups of all kinds

Freshly baked breads, cookies and cakes of all kinds

Yoggy
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Freshly baked breads, cookies and cakes of all kinds
There is nothing better than freshly baked bread. Hot bread right out of the oven, slathered with margarine, is the best comfort food in the world.

And chocolate.

twinkle
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Well, I havent had as much experience as most of you guys yet, but Ive just tried the vegan Jelly last night, mmm, I think that may become my comfort food!

Yes! Strawberry vegejelly still warm and unset - I eat it spoonful by spoonful, waiting until the hint of a skin has formed but it's still liquidy inside :)

Mashed potato is my number one comfort food though, maybe with some fried mushrooms, peas, Frys hot dogs and onion gravy. Or with some Marmite stirred in :D

screamingcarrot
Jul 25th, 2005, 10:45 AM
soup on a cold day
grainy bread with vegemite and soya spread
hot chocolate with soya milk.
i also find tea really comforting!

Roxy
Jul 26th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I have to agree with you on the vegemite thing :)

Kumem
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Linda McCartney sausage rolls are fast becoming another addiction.

Wishin986
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Medjool dates are at the top of the list,

Well today I had my first official Medjool date. Oh. My. It was soo yummy! :D And it does taste somewhat like caramel. If I start eating them in heaps and they will most likely become my comfort food, I blame you Banana. :p . Thanks for your constant plug for Medjool dates,without which I might never have tried these mouthwatering snacks, you should so be a spokesmodel of sort :)

moochbabe
Dec 4th, 2005, 05:52 AM
hmm a good bowl of cereal a lot of times... i also have a thing for peanut butter sandwiches and pasta dishes

Roxy
Dec 4th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Coming up to Christmas I will be missing my family and my other home in Australia. I will be eating lots of vegemite as a comfort.:)

moochbabe
Dec 4th, 2005, 06:21 AM
heehee, is marmite from that part of the world too? i've had marmite but i don't think vegemite...i like it, but not too much of it

Roxy
Dec 4th, 2005, 06:35 AM
We have marmite in Australia but I think it's an English thing. I could be wrong though.

eve
Dec 4th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Sometimes in the evenings I enjoy sitting down with a bowl of half-shelled pecan nuts to enjoy - both finishing off the shelling and finishing off the nuts! :)

moochbabe
Dec 4th, 2005, 06:55 AM
We have marmite in Australia but I think it's an English thing. I could be wrong though.
i had a feeling, i got the marmite in an english shop

Seaside
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Hot chocolate made with Ghiradelli's Sweet Ground Chocolate and Pacific Hazelnut milk. :)

moochbabe
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:09 AM
mmmm...it makes me all warm and comfy just thinking about it...

applepie
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Toast with vegemite is definitely real comfort food!
Also roasted chestnuts: somehow reminds me of my childhood days in winter when we were all cosy inside with the fire going after a day out in the snow...

Seaside
Dec 4th, 2005, 08:11 AM
...Also roasted chestnuts: somehow reminds me of my childhood days in winter when we were all cosy inside with the fire going after a day out in the snow...
That's funny; I just bought two bags of chestnuts today!

Skajen
Dec 4th, 2005, 02:07 PM
a huge glass or red wine and a huge wedge of treacle tart and/or some green and blacks dark choc with cherries in it and/or sea salt and balsamic vinegar kettle chips... "dribble", hence why i havent lost much weight since becoming vegan :p

moochbabe
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:25 PM
it's funny, i was watching a tv program last night and had made up my minf that i must try chestnuts (i know--:eek:) and now i see posts on here, and i was thinking they seemed as though they would be a very comforting food...

Wishin986
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:42 PM
vegan banana nut muffins. loveee them. and trail mixes - def. a weakness

i really really want to try goji berries - but they are so expensive!!