PDA

View Full Version : Vegan comfort food

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

SweetLady66
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Probably anything with potatos and mexican food. I LOVE mexican food and seriously cant get enough! Why can't I get enough of say carrots or something low calorie?Always the fatty stuff, but its soooooooooooooo good!

Wishin986
Sep 28th, 2006, 11:39 PM
cereal! (new fav.) annd soynut butter

every once in a while
choc. soynutbutter oatmeal no bake cookies yummm

wmenke
Sep 28th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Chips and Salsa..I literally have it everyday!

Wishin986
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:38 AM
tortilla chips and salsa is definately the ultimate drunk food. me and one of my friends back home always make sure to have it around usually. we've walked out in the middle of the night to the store to get them!

Tigerlily
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Apple Pie in a Glass. This is SO nice on a cold night.

1 cup apple juice
1 apple
1 tbsp brown sugar
Sprinke of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg

Blender this for 60 seconds, then heat in the microwave.

YUM.

thecatspajamas1
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:46 AM
spaghetti with tomato sauce
french fries
indian food

~Lenore
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Peanut butter & Jelly (specifically with blackberry jam)
Cream of wheat with jam & margarine
Pancakes!
Thick soups, like white miso or vegan cream of potato.

Haniska
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Maybe oven baked steak fries. Oh, and carob cocoa.

Yoggy
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Noel Nog is back in stores, so that's DEFINITELY going to be my comfort food for the next few months :D

Roxy
Sep 29th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Corn chowder (especially the one from La Dolce Vegan)

Corn relish (takes me back to my childhood)

Cookies, cakes and donut holes lol (just because)

foxytina_69
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Noel Nog is back in stores, so that's DEFINITELY going to be my comfort food for the next few months :D

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

excuse me while i start screaming and faint lol.

noel nog is the only thing ive been thinking about for a couple weeks now. (Aswell as mandarin oranges)

what grocery store did you see it at yoggy?

foxytina_69
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM
my comfort foods are anything potato.

chips, fries, hashbrowns, baked, roasted, mashed. lol.

also anything that tastes like my moms food. soups, gravy, food that she used to make, veganized. noel nog, mandarin oranges, vegan sausages, pancakes, sprout sandwiches, stuffing, holiday meals...

all of those things are very happy memories for me so theyre really comforting.

and also take out foods like veggie burgers, pizza and chinese.

tofutofu
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Medjool dates, Halva, Licorice & custard! (not mixed obviously) mmm!!

RachelJune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Peanut butter on toast. Mmmmm :p Also, anything sweet. If there's any cake around, it won't last long... :o

Holly78
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Kettle Chips...and chocolate.

RedWellies
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Chocolate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate)

I think we know what chocolate is, Mr F!!!!

Jamie
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:09 PM
ooh this thread is great!! :D

for me it's vegemite on toast, peanut butter and jam sandwiches (I only had this for the first time a few months ago... just felt like trying it one day and did!), anything potatoes but especially hash browns, and bubble and squeek, and chip shop chips, although I also love vegan sausage and mash!

Also indian food (my fave is sag aloo, bombay aloo, tarka dal, and niramish, with onion bhahjis and chips! lol), mini pizzas (reminds me of after-school snacks my mum made, on english muffins or pitta bread etc), and vegan 'bacon' toasties.

Also chocolate, although I can't gorge myself on it like I used to with milkier chocs than vegan ones, and hot choc made with plant milk and some plant cream... yummmmmmmm!

And thick toast with loads of marg-type-spread! where's it's all melted into the surface but sometimes still in little pools and salty and yum.

aubergine
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Very occasionally Vegemite on Toast, but most of the time fruit. Preferably Bananas.

Yoggy
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:35 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

excuse me while i start screaming and faint lol.

noel nog is the only thing ive been thinking about for a couple weeks now. (Aswell as mandarin oranges)

what grocery store did you see it at yoggy?

I saw it at the Fairway in Oak Bay Village.

Fairways always seem to be on top of things; I've found Boca Burgers and non-hydrogenated tofutti sour cream and lots of other yummy stuff there :).

I DREAMED about Noel Nog the other night, which is what reminded me to check the store yesterday. Can you say obsession? lol

daricsmami
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:30 PM
ooh this thread is great!! :D

for me it's vegemite on toast, peanut butter and jam sandwiches (I only had this for the first time a few months ago... just felt like trying it one day and did!), anything potatoes but especially hash browns, and bubble and squeek, and chip shop chips, although I also love vegan sausage and mash!

Also indian food (my fave is sag aloo, bombay aloo, tarka dal, and niramish, with onion bhahjis and chips! lol), mini pizzas (reminds me of after-school snacks my mum made, on english muffins or pitta bread etc), and vegan 'bacon' toasties.

Also chocolate, although I can't gorge myself on it like I used to with milkier chocs than vegan ones, and hot choc made with plant milk and some plant cream... yummmmmmmm!

And thick toast with loads of marg-type-spread! where's it's all melted into the surface but sometimes still in little pools and salty and yum.

You've never had PB&J before a few months ago? Wow...if those yummy sandwiches fell of the face of the Earth, they might as well take me with them. I couldn't live any longer.

PygmyGoat
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Jelly and Ice-Cream

foxytina_69
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:05 AM
i found it at thriftys today. yayyyy. lol. im almost done the whole litre! its soooo good.

Yoggy
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I let my boyfriend try some, and he didn't like it :eek:

Oh well, more for me :D

Tigerlily
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I don't like it either. :o

purple.cow
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Crisps and hummus.

:D