PDA

View Full Version : Vegan comfort food

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Kitteh
May 26th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Haha, you should make some, Huddy! I have been baking a batch a week :) I love having one (or two) with my cup of tea w/ vitasoy rice milk in the morning ;)

ellaminnowpea
May 27th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I love lentils w/ pico de gallo. I just tried vegan icecream a couple weeks ago, and it's amazing! I think I'll go eat some now :)

vava
May 27th, 2008, 09:04 AM
At the moment it is Sainsbury's American style curly fries - they cook really quickly and they taste divine AND it says vegan on the bag. :D Oh no - I feel the urge - oh it's ok - I haven't had any breakfast yet!

Huddy
May 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Mostly sweet stuff, but at the moment, I cant seen to get enough of cornflakes and rice milk:p

Huddy
May 27th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Haha, you should make some, Huddy! I have been baking a batch a week :) I love having one (or two) with my cup of tea w/ vitasoy rice milk in the morning ;)
Knowing me, Id probably end up having 5 or 6!:lol:

Aradia
May 27th, 2008, 12:08 PM
toast. about three or four slices, all with a different topping ... maple syrup, marmalade, peanut butter, cold dahl.....mmmmmm

Cattmogg
May 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Strawberries and dream.....and sun and a lush meadow to be in and eat them..;-) :D

Kitteh
May 28th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I have to agree with toast... but I really try not to eat it too often ;)

Shrapnel
May 31st, 2008, 05:48 AM
I really love wheat germ mixed with soy milk and microwaved. Mmm, very nice (and also something that I tend to have pretty often). I also really like home made cabbage and mushroom pierogi.

cobweb
May 31st, 2008, 08:17 AM
atm mine is crumpets/pikelets with cheezly on top.

i've given up giving up my cheezly addicition :rolleyes:.

puressence
May 31st, 2008, 09:32 AM
My comfort food would have to be Chocolate and Potatoe Chips :o

I especially love the Whittakers Rum and Raisin and Richfields Seventy Extra Fine Blueberry Chocolate!

Once I start I cant stop! Naughty aye

Sarah_
May 31st, 2008, 10:32 AM
Fries covered in ketchup and/or vegan ranch with huge veggie burger.
Mashed potatoes and gravy w/peas or mixed steamed veggies and "chicken" patty.
Chips.
Pasta and red sauce w/salad.
Tofurkey sandwich
split pea soup
tortillas and hummus
green tea

jem
May 31st, 2008, 04:52 PM
loads of creamy roasted garlic hummus
kalamata olives
tortilla chips and guacamole
soy lattes (iced or hot. though its more of a comfort ritual that comfort food)
of course, anything and everything that has chocolate (and PEPPERMINT chocolate !)

ellaminnowpea
May 31st, 2008, 05:08 PM
I want coffee :(

emmapresley
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
all of it

jem
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:58 AM
i've had a crap day so i'm currently indulging in some dark belgian chocolate !!

xwitchymagicx
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:26 AM
I wish I had some comfort food here right now. :mad:

pavotrouge
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
oooh yeah chocoreale by the spoonful... ^^;;

wom
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Walnuts. I tried some for the first time two weeks ago (why haven't I had them before?!) and they've become my staple snack food. Just one or satisfy any sweet/savoury cravings I have. Yum yum yum.

Also, every now and again I go a little off the rails and eat oranges. I could probably go through a whole bag without thinking about it!

BumbleBee
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
:eek: Nobody has mentioned polenta! It's sooo good, especially when I'm feeling rubbish. I usually have it with red pasta sauce, drizzlings of olive oil or butter and some sort of melting cheese grated and mixed into it. It's delicious :) but it has to be sloppy, not hard and not like soup.

Other comfort food faves include a full English Breakfast (Toast, Baked beans, Hash browns, vegan bacon, vegan sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and scrambled tofu), Potato and leek soup with thick crusty bread, Pastina (It's like tiny pasta, reminds me so much of my childhood) and obviously anything chocolatey when I'm feeling sweet :p

bradders
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM
homemade chilli
stir fry with a nice balance of chilli
onion and wine veg casserole

twinkle
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Alpro vanilla custard with frozen raspberries and rice krispies stirred in... and possibly a tot of rum.

Porridge made with 2/3 water and 1/3 juice (usually apple), with mixed spice.

Mashed potatoes with peas, and sage and onion gravy.

I've also recently read a thread on here recommending a hot drink made with molasses, so today I put a big teaspoon in half a cup of boiling water, topped it up with cold and the juice of an orange - that was very comforting, plus I felt like I was taking care of myself with all the iron and vit c and whatnot :)

BumbleBee
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
onion and wine veg casserole
Mmmmm, all this comfort food is making me drool haha.

bradders
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
indeed and making me hungry

twinkle
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
all of it

Actually, yeah, what she said :)