PDA

View Full Version : tina's baked apple breakfast

foxytina_69
Feb 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
i was looking for a good recipe for something like this on the internet but couldnt find any, so i made up my own. i made this this morning for breakfast and it was delicious, warm, and light. it warmed me up from the cold! it was very comforting.

Ingredients:

1 apple (cored, seeded and chopped into 1 inch bits)
1 tsp vegan margarine, melted
1 tsp brown sugar, packed
1 tsp raisins
cinnamon

fold up a peice of tinfoil into a bowl shape. prepare apple, and place into tinfoil bowl. pour melted margarine over apple bits, sprinkle with brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon (however much cinnamon you prefer, i used about a 1/2 tsp) bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring once.

chopped walnuts would probably be good with this too

Roxy
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Mmmmm - that sounds delish! A nice way to eat apples. I find apples boring :rolleyes:

I bought some pears that I never got around to eating so I stewed them up - just pears and water with some cinnamon, nutmeg and mace. Mmmm - yum!

foxytina_69
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:59 PM
mmm i love pears. whats mace?

Cloudy
Feb 19th, 2005, 01:05 PM
mmm i love pears. whats mace?

It's a spice, kinda nutmeg flavour

feline01
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I remember seeing your recipe Foxy in a weight watchers book. Of course, no margarine for that recipe though. Yours sounds better.

Kiva Dancer
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I love doing that for dessert and putting a biiiiiiig scoop of vegan ice cream in the middle when I serve it. :D

foxytina_69
Feb 20th, 2005, 12:19 AM
mmm that sounds good

feline, yeah but a tsp of vegan butter is only 33 calories and 4 grams of fat so its not a big difference :) and its so yummy on baked apples!

1vegan
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:41 AM
oh my...... I*m "slightly" drunk.......I'd better not say what I first thought the topic was... *blushes*

Kiva Dancer
Feb 20th, 2005, 11:44 PM
:eek:

*giggles* :D

Yoggy
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:21 AM
I just found this apple crumble (http://www.completerecipes.com/3187.htm) recipe that I wanted to share. It's very easy to adapt to vegan. I cut the recipe in half and put it in a standard-sized loaf pan, so there's not too many leftovers. It's baking in my oven right now! It smells SO good!

Mr Flibble
Sep 27th, 2005, 09:31 AM
The basic universal crumble recipe is 4:4:2 (flour, brown sugar, margerine) mixed to crumbs with your fingers (if you add water you get basic cookie dough), with a pinch of any spices you want (cinamon, nutmeg etc), on top of fruit stew. It's a really easy dessert to prepare.

foxy tina's recipe is similar to something i do with bananas - margerine melted in a pan, chopped banana, a generous amount of demerara, cinamon and optionally a splash of orange juice and peel, cooked till the banana is slightly mushy and the sugar's melted. Quick, simple and good with custard. :)