PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat today? (14)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Puska17
Dec 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM
toast with mushroom pate
nut cutlet sandwich
Root veg casserole with dumplings, cabbage with almonds and garlic and cauliflower croquettes
Rice pudding with Rosehip syrup
Apple crisps, organica bar
Tea, water, orange juice

Korn
Dec 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
The above post was taken from the (now closed) What Did You Eat Today (13) (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?23493-What-did-you-eat-today-(13))-thread.

Maître
Dec 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Brunch: Two home made spicy bean burgers with a mountain of mashed potatoes and gravy on top, my appetite is ridiculous sometimes.
Dinner: Hummus and pitas.
Misc: Home made chocolate brownie. (there are 6 more left in the kitchen, I hope my housemates finish them off before I end up eating them all :D)

airalien
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM
My diet is lacking so much. I haven't weighed myself but the last time I did; I was 70kg (178cm) and I am looking even skinnier now.

I am sometimes going a whole day with just a serving of vegetables for dinner and my vitamin. The reason for this is I'm finding it hard to find products, around where I live, that are vegan, organic, free from palm oil, etc.

I live quite a distance from (what I think) is the only vegan dedicated store in my state so I only get to go there about once a month and even then it's tough to find products that aren't from non-vegan companies and don't have palm oil and are organic. My goal is to adopt a diet that is as free from cruelty/environmental destruction as possible.

Eventually I want to begin growing my own fruit and vegetables but you can't grow everything can you? Until then is it best to go for organic or maybe vegan organic (I don't know if there are any where I live)?

I was wondering if someone from Australia might have a helpful website for vegan products? I've tried PAWS and the cruelty free site.

Thanks guys. :)

Firestorm
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Breakfast: Toast before swimming
Lunch: Wholewheat roll with soya chikin, stuffing & bread sauce. Apple. Pear. Cereal bar
Dinner: Seitan sausages, potato, carrots, kale, HP sauce
Snack: Chocolate
Drinks: Coffee, water, Ribena, soya latte

Firestorm
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Lunch: Porridge (made with oats, shreddies and mashed banana). Apple, Pear.
Dinner: Amy's Rice Mac and cheese. Jokerz bar. Mince pie. Dark Chocolate
Drinks: Kallo Chocolate Soya Milk, coffee, water, cherry coke (diet)

veganosie
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:06 PM
porridge with stewed apple, black americano
another black americano
celeriac soup with half a piece of bread+marmite
apple, clementine
cup of tea with soya milk
stir-fried veg with fajita space and wholemeal pitta bread
stewed apple with oaty granola (oat cookies that went wrong!) and soya cream
dark 70% chocolate chips

Blueberries
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Breakfast: Malt Wheats w/soya milk
Lunch: Cream of mushroom soup w/bread
Snack: Chocolate croissant & advent calender chocolate
Dinner: Stir-fry w/rice & beans & vegetarian oyster sauce
Dessert: Alpro vanilla pot w/frozen banana, blueberries and raspberries. Chocolate croissant.

Drinks: Coffee w/vanilla milk, redbush earl grey w/soya milk, green tea, water

VeganAthlete
Dec 18th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Yesterday
Breakfast: Tofu scramble with spinach and collard greens
Lunch: 1/2 serving of whole wheat spaghetti, marinara sauce and TVP "meatballs" (homemade)
Dinner: Genghis Grill vegan platter (tofu, veggies, spices, chilli garlic sauce & lime sauce with brown rice)
Drinks: homemade frapp, tea, coffee, water

Today
Breakfast: Skipped
Lunch: whole wheat spaghetti, tvp "meatballs", marinara, mushrooms (2), spinach & collard greens with nutritional yeast
Dinner: Chipotle Mexican Grill (Brown rice, black beans, lettuce, hot salsa, medium salsa, mild salsa, corn)
Drinks: homemade mint mocha frappuccino, coffee, tea, water

fondducoeur
Dec 18th, 2011, 04:45 AM
black beans, guacamole, corn salsa, spicy salsa, fajita veggies, lettuce over white rice
glass of silk nog
2 dark choc. covered cherries
salad (mixed greens, chickpeas, cuke, tomato, sprouts, toasted walnuts, dried cherries, balsamic, olive oil)
wheat crackers
plain chickpeas w/soy sauce and sriracha

Korn
Dec 18th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Yesterday I had some of the best food I've ever tasted, on a raw (and mostly vegan) food cafe in Oslo: nut balls (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?2430-Nut-ball-recieps&p=698678#post698678) (and more) for dinner, and lime pie for desert.

Firestorm
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Breakfast: woke up too late to eat
Lunch: Unfrosted strawberry poptarts, pear, apple, satsuma
Dinner: Veggie pot pie stew, seitan, mushrooms & onions & flageolet beans, houmous, peas. Apple
Drinks: Coffee, water, chocolate soya milk
Snacks: Mince pie, plums, chocolate, chocolate peanut butter

Puska17
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Breakfast Apple
Lunch Mushrooms on toast
Dinner Stuffed Cabbage Leaves -Puy Lentils and Chestnuts, Gnocci, Asparagus, Carrots, Roast Parsnips, Tomato and Roast Garlic Sauce
Sticky Date Pudding
Supper Fridge biscuit, when it's set
Drinks Rocks Lemon Squash, water, Tea

veganosie
Dec 18th, 2011, 10:00 PM
porridge with stewed apple and apricots (tinned) and a black americano
another black americano and a clementine
tomato and lentil soup, half a piece of bread, apple, banana
lentil cottage pie with potato and sweet potato mash, steamed kale and broccoli, roasted parsnips and carrots
vegan christmas tree shortbread (homemade)
alpro soya raspberry yogurt

maariak
Dec 18th, 2011, 11:27 PM
It's morning here. So far I have had rice cakes with strawberry jam for breakfast.

For lunch I will be having my home-made burgers (sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, mushroom, chickpeas, 4-bean mix, OrGran egg supplement, breadcrumbs) in a wrap with salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot) and sweet chilli dressing.

Dinner, will be something small, maybe Sweet potato fries with a small salad, or some left over mango/chilli/bean curry.

maariak
Dec 18th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I was wondering if someone from Australia might have a helpful website for vegan products? I've tried PAWS and the cruelty free site.

Have you thought of making your own meals? What type of vegetable selections are available to you? If you have a Coles/Woolworths near your city/town they are stocking more vegan products. I make a lot of my own meals, the vegan section isn't as great as I would like as of yet in the Coles where I live.

fondducoeur
Dec 19th, 2011, 04:46 AM
1 red velvet cupcake
soy mocha
brown rice w/black beans, tomato, corn, peas w/nacho mom's vegan queso
smoky grilled tempeh (vcon)
pasta salad (vcon)
sauteed collards (vcon)
peppermint mocha kahlua w/soy milk

airalien
Dec 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hey thanks for your reply.

We have a Coles and Woolworths but I was scared to get fruit/veggies there since I heard they can be coated in chemicals or beeswax - is that true?

I want to start making my own meals from fruit/veggies but I need to find a store that sell organic. I really want to grow my food but it's just not an option at the moment. :(

harpy
Dec 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM
airalien, I think you would be better off starting to cook yourself decent meals from whatever vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains you can get locally, even if they are not organic etc. Nothing will be gained by making yourself ill by not eating properly. You can locate organic sources and start to grow your own later.

Food that you prepare yourself is likely to be healthier, and in many cases more ethically produced, than convenience foods. Even vegan convenience foods are often quite highly processed...Sorry to go on :)

airalien
Dec 19th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks harpy.

What food do you grow yourself?

Also the vegan convenience foods I try to stay away from although I am not sure the reason why. Are they not ethically produced? Can you go into any more detail?

Thanks! :)

harpy
Dec 19th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I hardly grow anything myself most years, as I live in the middle of a town and am not very into gardening to be honest :o We do get a box of organic veg delivered weekly but I buy non-organic stuff as well.

Re ethical problems with vegan convenience foods, I think I was thinking of questions like how ingredients like soy and palm oil are obtained, and which companies make the foods. I do eat them sometimes but I don't think they're that healthy as staples because they tend to be highly processed and may have a lot of added fat, salt etc. If you make your own food you can control what you put in it to a much greater extent.

Some convenience foods also seem to involve a lot of packaging, but not all do.

airalien
Dec 19th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Ah thanks. I think delivery might be the way to go.

I always avoid Palm Oil and make sure my soy is organic and from sustainable sources.

VeganAthlete
Dec 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Yesterday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal and apple slices with dried cranberries and chocolate chips sweetened with stevia
Lunch/Dinner: Brownrice, collard greens, spinach, boca patty, soy cheese, salsa, grillin thins and cranberries

Firestorm
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Breakfast: Toast before swimming, apple, Chocolate Coconut raw organic food bar
Lunch: Seitan sandwich, pear, snack a jack chutney flavour
Dinner: Veggie pot pie stew, foccacia, houmous, veg, chocolate
Snacks: 2 Apples
Drinks: Water, coffee, ribena, latte

fondducoeur
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:02 AM
3 squares dark chocolate
fresh fruit (pineapple, raspberries, grapes, honeydew)
leftover pasta salad
salad (mixed greens, black beans, cukes, sprouts, tomato, lf balsamic)
asian rice crackers w/hot wasabi peas
dill pickle flavored cashews
3 slices of pizza (daiya, roasted garlic, mushrooms, olives, pizza sauce, sriracha)