PDA

View Full Version : Smoothies, what did you have today? (or recently)

leela
Dec 30th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I love smoothies but could do with a bit of inspiration. I always seem to do apple juice, bananas and strawberries. Lately I've started adding lettuce to try and get into green smoothies, but it would be interesting and helpful to hear what other people are having in theirs, homemade or even from a juice bar.

Blueberries
Dec 30th, 2011, 11:24 PM
My favourite smoothie is the mixture of frozen banana, vanilla soya milk, blueberries and cashew butter. I sometimes make a green smoothie with kale, kiwis and apple juice. Also spirulina &/or chlorella or green tea powder would be good additions to make a smoothie green.

deniselynn
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:15 PM
We often have smoothies with a banana, flaxseed, soymilk, an apple, frozen pineapple and spinach, add ice if necessary.

BananaBread
Jan 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM
I love smoothies but I don't think I could have them for breakfast on their own. Is there a way of bulking them out? I've never tried green smoothies either. I really need to try one!

Blueberries
Jan 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM
I love smoothies but I don't think I could have them for breakfast on their own. Is there a way of bulking them out?

A good way to bulk them out is to add frozen bananas, nuts, seeds (or nut/seed butters) or soya milk. :D

diy-girlie
Jan 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Oats can bulk them out is well. Not much of a smoothie person myself though... I preferr milkshakes :P

BananaBread
Jan 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hmm peanut butter smoothie sounds good!

deniselynn
Jan 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Today's smoothie: Banana, apple, carrot, chia seed, spinach, cashews, a little water and ice.

BananaBread
Jan 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
I had a mammoth smoothie made of raspberries, cherries, banana and apple juice this morning.

cedarblue37
Jan 3rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
today; fresh pineapple, banana, fresh cherries, a blob of plain soy yog and a dash of water to loosen it up. yum!

leela
Jan 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i348/Leelaboo/002-1.jpg
Banana, peach, chopped apple (instead of uht juice) and soy milk. This tasted gooood :lol:

Blueberries
Jan 4th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Green smoothie: multi-vitamin juice, kale, frozen banana & peanut butter

leela
Jan 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Been by inspired today by everyones posts to make banana, peanut butter, choc booja booja ice cream and soymilk. Delicious, more of a shake really..

Desertthorn
Jan 6th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Mine was really simple. Had both some spinach that needed used up and plain soy milk. So I added a banana and some frozen mixed berries.

Delicious

BilTan
Jan 6th, 2012, 07:16 AM
When I bought my Philips juicer this book came free with it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Juice-Master-Keeping-Simple-Delicious/dp/0007225172

Although I only use the juices recipes myself, and these are excellent, there is also a chapter of smoothies recipes.

deniselynn
Jan 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I had some of my son's breakfast smoothie: Soymilk, an apple, banana, frozen berries, flaxseeds and oatmeal (uncooked).

Blueberries
Nov 18th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I'm on a soya milk+spinach+frozen banana+peanut butter kick. Life is good when you can consume spinach in a way that tastes like a banana and peanut milkshake :)