PDA

View Full Version : How to make polenta?

Ba
Jan 11th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I have used www.vegweb.com a lot since I became vegan and now I can't figure out how to get to it because it has been blocked because it has been reported as an "attack site." This is not an attack site. I have been on it so many times in the past few months. I don't know about you guys but it is really aggravating to me especially since all the cookbooks I got for Christmas are Vegetarian and not Vegan (like I asked for). So if anyone knows how to get to a blocked website or if anyone knows how to make polenta (the hard kind not soft polenta, I want the kind that looks like triangles). Please Help!

CoolCat
Jan 11th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Vegweb seems to be doing stuff they shouldn't. Google says they might harm your computer by installing malware or other exploits. Either they are bad people or they got hacked...

harpy
Jan 11th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Regarding how to make polenta, I think the hard and soft stuff are actually the same substance but the triangles have been finished off by baking or frying. (Excuse my being a bit vague but I tend to get the ready-made kind these days :o)

This article isn't vegan at all but the cooking method at the beginning might help you - obviously you wouldn't have to use butter http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/may/28/polenta-recipes-hugh-fearnley-whittingstall

ETA I was able to reach some polenta recipes on Vegweb just now via Google - didn't get any warnings so perhaps the problem's been fixed?

leela
Jan 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Could be to do with the settings of whatever security you use on your computer.
If its updated itself recently, it might be classifying safe websites as unsafe?

Risker
Jan 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
What exactly is blocking it?

amethyst
Jan 11th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Vegweb seems to be doing stuff they shouldn't. Google says they might harm your computer by installing malware or other exploits. Either they are bad people or they got hacked...

I was also able to access vegweb.com just now. CoolCat, after reading your post, I am seriously questioning my sanity for even attempting it. LOL

WHY did I think that was a good idea?! o_O

Are there any updates on whether it's still a safe site or not? (walks away mumbling)

CoolCat
Jan 11th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I was also able to access vegweb.com just now. CoolCat, after reading your post, I am seriously questioning my sanity for even attempting it. LOL

WHY did I think that was a good idea?! o_O

Are there any updates on whether it's still a safe site or not? (walks away mumbling)
[/URL]

[url]http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=vegweb.com/ (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/newreply.php?p=699907&noquote=1)

This site is not currently listed as suspicious. @ 21:30 CET

(it was earlier today)

amethyst
Jan 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Whew! Thanks :)

harpy
Jan 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Don't worry amethyst - I have got lots of stuff on my computer to stop me accessing dodgy sites so I'm fairly sure that one has been de-dodged as CoolCat says ;) ETA famous last words

amethyst
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks, harpy! :)