PDA

View Full Version : Vegan pie in the sky cookbook

khadagan
Feb 11th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Has anyone bought the book vegan pie in the sky?

I gave it to myself as a present a few weeks ago and made the lemon mouse pie. I just can't believe how nice it is. I think it's the best pie I've ever made, it looks pretty as well. I'm very much looking forward to using more of its recipes and am going to make a pie for Valentines. Don't know which one yet. I was just wondering if anyone else tried any of the recipes in the book. I can definately recommend it, all the pies look yummy! :)

tofu_lew
Feb 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I was given it for Christmas and can't rate it highly enough. I've got the Maple-Kissed Blueberry Pie on lock down. A big piece of pie served with vanila vegan ice cream is better than anything. I'm not a cheese cake today, a blueberry one actually ha. Do you have any of the other Isa cookbooks? I've got the cupcakes one and Vegan With a Vengence. They're both bloody good too. I want pie now ;)

Firestorm
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I have a copy but have not made anything from it yet, there is a thread here about it: New Isa Chandra Moskowitz book! Pies! (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?28573-New-Isa-Chandra-Moskowitz-book!-Pies!)

khadagan
Feb 12th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I have a copy but have not made anything from it yet, there is a thread here about it: New Isa Chandra Moskowitz book! Pies! (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?28573-New-Isa-Chandra-Moskowitz-book!-Pies!)

Ah sorry about that, I couldnt find this thread when I was looking for it

khadagan
Feb 12th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I was given it for Christmas and can't rate it highly enough. I've got the Maple-Kissed Blueberry Pie on lock down. A big piece of pie served with vanila vegan ice cream is better than anything. I'm not a cheese cake today, a blueberry one actually ha. Do you have any of the other Isa cookbooks? I've got the cupcakes one and Vegan With a Vengence. They're both bloody good too. I want pie now ;)

I've moved my reply to the other thread mentioned here. I'm going to have to make that blueberry pie soon as well btw! :)

BilTan
Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
I bought this cookbook from Amazon, and it was delivered yesterday, but I gave it to my sister today, because I do not make pastry myself, nor do I use the ready-made off the shelf varieties.

Usually I visit her and her husband once a week, and, although they are omnivores, they also eat lots of vegetarian meals, and my sister always makes vegan meals for me on these occasions.

So I will get the benefit of the delicious recipes without all the work of making pastry.:o

When I had lunch there today, she had made a delicious "tropical fruit pie" from a recipe which I had downloaded and given to her. Best of all she gave me the remainder to bring home for my dessert tomorrow.;)

Firestorm
Feb 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
^^ I wish somebody would cook pies for me. The last time someone made me a dessert it was a bowl of melon and strawberries. I like melon and strawberries, but it just doesn't hit the spot sometimes