PDA

View Full Version : Vegan and Slimming World

MsJean
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone
Would love to met other vegans currently doing Slimming World. Anyone else out there following the green plan? Please get in touch.

Jean

Gattona
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Hiya Jean,

I said hello to you on Minimins. There was a bunch of us here but it seems to have fallen apart over the last few months - hence me not telling you about this forum. I've been doing SW on and off for years and yo yoed up and down the scales in a very unhealthy way. Now I've been having counselling to try and achieve a healthy relationship with food. That was interupted recently by a burst appendix and hospital visit and I'm still not well, and doing SW is the last thing on my mind.

At the start of Feb (I think) I bought a 12 week count down and lost half a stone in the first 2 weeks, allying that with the new approach to food I've been trying to adopt. I'm seriously peed off with this counsellor that she has not contacted me to offer support or find out why I've disapeared. Something to sort when my health improves (and before the next op :-//)

Have you ever done SW before? Do you go to a group? How is it going for you? What sort of foods are you eating?

When I'm going well on SW I like a good breakfast of scrambled tofu and toast, and eat lots of spinach and lentils. another favourite is butter beans with tinned tomatoes with stock cubes and dill. Mmmmmm

MsJean
Feb 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks for answering maybe we could start the forum up again on minimins? Sorry to hear about your health issues, hope you get them sorted out. I'm doing sw from home as I did it years ago after having kids, and lost, weight has slowly crept up over the years and I don't won't to be fat and 50! So have started on it again. Not loosing as much as I would hope hence wanting to talk to other vegans following the plan and hopefully get some tips.

Gattona
Feb 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hi again.

There never was a specific vegan SW section on minimins, but there was an active thread on this forum, you can find it here:

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?27404-Slimming-world-as-a-vegan

I will send you a pm on minimins..the people there are pretty helpful on syn values healthy Extras etc even if not looking at it all from a vegan point of view.

I'm not actively doing SW right now but if you want, post some food diaries and I'll do my best to make constructive comments. You could join in the old thread then all the old subscribers will see its active again and might join in too.

What sort of weight loss are you sustaining? And how much do you want to lose? Something that always worked for me was speed soup - veggies and pulses with a stock cube. And there are tactics like the 777 week, with 7 syns, 7 speed foods a day for 7 days, loads of support and info, but again on minimins.

MsJean
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for all the advice I will check out what you have said. I have 69 lbs to loose before 25th March 2013. Currently not loosing much, but am happy with a pound a week.