PDA

View Full Version : Tofu vs meat? Need a little help from experienced people

mythil
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Hay all.

Well I'm starting a new workout routine to drop my last bit of fat and try and build a bit more strength. However the diet calls for no soy and goes into meat for protien. Well nothing new there as it wasn't made for vegans. I tried asking on the forum at the website (B*dybuilding.com) if I could replace the meat with tofu and keep the soy as I don't eat meat.

Even asking in the original post for it not to turn into a flame war I instantly got replies like "There are lots of us here that don't use supplements. If you compose a reasonable diet, sans absurd and arbitrary food restrictions, it's very easy to meet micro/macronutrient sufficiency from food and only food."

Well that's another forum I've left due to predjudisce. So I guess I'll ask people who are less likely to be like that.

Does anyone know a ratio of meat to tofu and soy so I can alter the diet to fit me?

harpy
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I don't know I'm afraid. I expect someone else will, but have you also tried veganbodybuilding.com? They seem to have a forum there with nutrition section and with any luck you should get an un-prejudiced response there.

mythil
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I don't know I'm afraid. I expect someone else will, but have you also tried veganbodybuilding.com? They seem to have a forum there with nutrition section and with any luck you should get an un-prejudiced response there.

You know.. I never think these titles through, could give the wrong impression. Funny though, as I saw your reply I stumbled upon the website but thanks for the advice. Just ticks me off that you can't ask a question on a general forum without people telling you how wrong you are and how right they are. I mean their response was "eat meat" and mine was "But I'm a vegan" to which they followed with "Well then you're just ignorant. Eat meat"

Consistency
Feb 24th, 2012, 09:24 PM
xxx

twinkle
Feb 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Does it have a specific amount and type of meat in the diet? Different types will have different amounts of protein. And is there a specific reason you want to replace with tofu? Otherwise you could eat a variety other high protein vegan foods and keep track until you've made it up to the desired amount.