PDA

View Full Version : Health Food Propaganda??

thegreenjudy
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Over the last few weeks I've been watching TONS of youtube videos, reading massive amounts of blogs and websites and what not on how much healthier it is to eat like this rather than that etc.
I am suffering from ADHD, SAD, Depression, Anxiety, Stress am overweight, get migraines...you name it...so I am always looking for a way to make my diet more "perfect"..

Now we all are vegan mainly for the animals and the environment. But we all profit from a healthier diet, too (at least the ones that don't live on fake processed meat and cheese alternatives :-) )

So sometimes I go a bit crazy on all these different ways of healthy eating. And while I was watching those youtube videos I had a revelation! (lol...) I noticed that the most popular diet gurus on youtube always
sit on a nice sandy beach in a very sunny country which kind of already solves half of their problems (in my opinion - I know I would feel amazing if only I could move away from the North of England to somewhere sunnier)..Furthermore, they
always compare people who follow an extreme diet of processed food with their own 100% raw vegan diet and show all these obese people. But they miss out on the fact that there are loads of people out there who are perfectly healthy and good looking and DON'T follow a certain recommended diet - often not even vegan - definitely healthier than the standard american diet but still not even close to what they perceive as the perfect diet. Also, GENES solve another big proportion of their problems :-) And ALL of these health gurus exercise regularly...and I think this is the ONLY key. All of those people on the internet who promote a certain "healthier" lifestyle have one thing in common - they always recommend their diet along with a lot of exercise. Now, bear in mind that I started suffering from depression etc when I was exercising regularly and eating well...So I feel that everyone is different and I feel really sick of all these videos and articles that tell you how to have the perfect diet.

Oh and I forgot that a lot of the success examples that they show have never really been big to start with :-) Show me one obeses person who, after following for example a 100% raw diet (that's just an example, can be replaced by anything else that's fairly extreme compared to the standard diet), had a model-like figure like many of these people that promote this certain diet..You get me?

And I forget that watching all these videos actually give me a far greater headache!!

markusaurelius
Mar 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Have you watched any videos on the brain? Maybe you need to exercise your mind aswell as your body each day. Ultimately to take your mind off those negative depressing thoughts. Depression is like a drug. The longer you have it the more it just feels normal but you gotta believe in change. You've changed your diet and included exercise but what if you need something more stimulating. Try exercising your memory each day for an hour instead of watching TV or some bad world news youtube video. Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peA6vy0D5Bg&list=FLygHbOOn0WRYApvKV-V_anQ&index=36&feature=plpp_video

And read up on brain plasticity, mnemonics & play lumosity or some other brain related game

http://www.lumosity.com/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Develop-Brilliant-Memory-Week/dp/1844831531/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331402046&sr=1-4