PDA

View Full Version : Eating in Zurich Help

Niccie
Mar 8th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I have to travel to Zurich for work at the end of the month and as my German is rubbish - wondered if anyone knew of any vegan restaurants/cafe?

Cheers

harpy
Mar 8th, 2012, 09:07 PM
http://www.happycow.net/europe/switzerland/zurich/

I haven't been to any of them but Hiltl and Tibits are both related to the very wonderful (though not 100% vegan) Tibits in London. I would be interested to go to Hiltl actually because it's meant to be the oldest vegetarian restaurant in Europe, or the universe, or something!

Niccie
Mar 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I saw this but wasn't sure how up to date it was- will definitely try and check Hiltl out (if I can find it and the menu is in english ;) )

harpy
Mar 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
They've got a review of Hiltl from January - it would be tragic if they'd gone out of business after all this time :eek: It looks as if they have a buffet (like Tibits) so you should be all right.

Please let us know how you get on on your trip.

ETA you are right to be cautious though because I've often tried to go to things on HappyCow that weren't there any more, if you see what I mean! I think it's slightly better now that people use and update it on their smartphones but it's never a bad idea to call or email the place first if you're going to make a special trip. I'm sure they speak English, veg places always seem to for some reason!