PDA

View Full Version : 500 Vegan Dishes

Blueberries
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
I just got the cookbook 500 Vegan Dishes by Deborah Gray as a present. Its full of photographs and uses metric measurements which is instantly appealing. The 500 recipes come from a selection of 'basic' recipes which then have a number a variations. I haven't made much from it yet but its looking good. Its pretty much a wholefoods book except for the odd recommendation of optional vegan cheese. Does anyone have this book or recommend anything from it?

Here's the link: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/500-Vegan-Dishes-Deborah-Gray/9781845434168

Firestorm
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
I have a copy but have not made anything yet, some of the stuff looks good though and I like the basic recipe idea as it means you can adapt it yourself as well.

Blueberries
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
I made the nondairy cream cheese, its a pretty basic recipe but is really good. I used some of it as a pasta sauce and then I'm leaving the rest of it to firm up in the fridge overnight. I've had the wicked idea of adding chocolate to it after seeing all those ads on tv for the chocolate Philadelphia!

Firestorm
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cool! I will have to try that, let us know how the chocolate idea works out!