PDA

View Full Version : workout routines?

Pages : 1 [2]

Roxy
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Hard to say! :D

LOL :D

I once joined a gym. I attended Reebok Step Class. In a very unco-ordinated move, I fell off my step and sprained my ankle.

I never went back. :o

gertvegan
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Similarly titled, theres the Vegan Workout Manual (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324&highlight=workout) , if you haven't seen it already. :)

Pete
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:16 PM
As you might guess I love those weights :D . I Used to run, but it really knackered my hip & knee. Lifting increases bone density, makes you stronger & gives you cool muscles that no other form of exercise can. It also raises the Basal Metabolic Rate (so you burn more fat just sitting around :) ) & you need more calories (so you get to eat more-YUM!).
All in all it's the best thing you can do if you want to look better & feel better.

eve
Nov 29th, 2004, 07:52 AM
I totally agree with you Pete, and certainly weight-bearing exercises increase bone density. :)

mango
Dec 22nd, 2004, 06:04 PM
Every day: warm-up stretches and Tai Chi, 30min-1hr

2-3x a week: deeper stretching, press-ups, sit-ups

3-4 mile run when I feel like it.

I walk everywhere, rarely get the bus, including 5 miles each way to and from university 3 days a week.

eve
Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:38 AM
hey mango, great to see your postings here - last time we were in touch you were in Spain weren't you? Trust you are still fit as a fiddle! :D

Mystic
Dec 23rd, 2004, 07:57 AM
I do yoga twice a week now :)

Roxy
Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:46 AM
Are you enjoying the yoga Banana? I've been thinking about buying a yoga DVD from work.

MzNatural
Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
Here is my routine. I will be competing in Figure competition, (amateur) in 2005. I am a member of the NPC (http://www.npcmd.com/) in Maryland. I switch up my routine every few months and use different exercises for the body part.

Monday
-Chest/Triceps, cardio
Tuesday
– cardio, calves, abdominal
Wednesday
- Biceps/Back, cardio
Thursday
- cardio, calves, abdominal, cardio
Friday
- Shoulders/Legs, cardio
Saturday
- cardio, calves, abdominal
Sunday
– off
*In the warmer months I run at least 30 miles on the weekend.

Chest
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Flat Bench Dumbell Flyes
Incline Dumbell Flyes
Back
Deadlift
Lat Pulldown (or weighted pull ups)
Seated Cable Row
Bent Over Barbell Row
Bent Over 1 Arm Dumbell Rows
Biceps
Standing Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls (with dumbells or barbell)
Seated/Standing Dumbell Curls
Triceps
Tricep Press Down
Dips
French Press
Legs
Squats
Calve Raises
Shoulders
Seated/Standing Military Press (with barbell or dumbells)
Lateral Raises
Shrug

feline01
Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Here is my routine. I will be competing in Figure competition, (amateur) in 2005. I am a member of the NPC (http://www.npcmd.com/) in Maryland. I switch up my routine every few months and use different exercises for the body part.

Monday
-Chest/Triceps, cardio
Tuesday
– cardio, calves, abdominal
Wednesday
- Biceps/Back, cardio
Thursday
- cardio, calves, abdominal, cardio
Friday
- Shoulders/Legs, cardio
Saturday
- cardio, calves, abdominal
Sunday
– off
*In the warmer months I run at least 30 miles on the weekend.

Chest
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Flat Bench Dumbell Flyes
Incline Dumbell Flyes
Back
Deadlift
Lat Pulldown (or weighted pull ups)
Seated Cable Row
Bent Over Barbell Row
Bent Over 1 Arm Dumbell Rows
Biceps
Standing Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls (with dumbells or barbell)
Seated/Standing Dumbell Curls
Triceps
Tricep Press Down
Dips
French Press
Legs
Squats
Calve Raises
Shoulders
Seated/Standing Military Press (with barbell or dumbells)
Lateral Raises
Shrug

Wow, Mz Natural. Just reading about your routine made me tired ;) . You must be in absolutely fantastic shape. I'm sure you get additional cardio in from chasing after your daughter :) . You're a wonderful role model.

I just started back at the gym this month after over a year's haitus. I go Mon-Thurs at lunchtime and can fit in usually 35 minutes cardio (bike, treadmill and/or body trec), 60 stomach crunches twice a week and weights twice a week (just 2 lower body + 2 upper body). I try to walk Friday-Sunday with the babies when the weather is tolerable. I'm going to slowly increase my weights once I'm back in the exercise routine and hopefully, start doing some exercise videos at home on the weekends. I bought Pilates for Dummies right before I got pregnant and only got to do it once or twice and I have a good video, Arms and Abs of Steel that I always liked.

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Well, Feline, you are doing well, too, a lot of people would have used having twins, a job, and debt worries as a good excuse to 'drop out'! :)
Mz, you make me sick, gal!! :D :p :rolleyes:

MzNatural
Dec 23rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
It is inspiring when anyone works out. :)

Feline01 I remember squeezing workouts in during my lunch break. It is tough getting those workouts in, good for you and all the others on here. ;)

I did meet another inspiring soul after my workout yesterday. We started chatting she had been in a wheelchair for a little over 2 years. She was taking a lot of medications, and felt awful, and that got her motivated. Her doctor told her she would not be walking and she did not let that stop her. She lost 80 pounds in 1 year. She showed me her before picture. Nice woman. We had a pleasant chat about how your health affects so many aspects of your life. I wonder if she is vegetarian. ;)

Physical fitness, for me, is highly addictive. I am so happy to get back into the swing of things. I have to kick it up a notch if I plan on competing next year. I really was missing my regular workouts when Jade was younger, but well she needed me and I enjoy the time we spend together.

bulletproof
Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:47 PM
i don't exercise because

1 i'm am lazy
2 i lack motivation (for sport and life in general)
3 i am isolated (ie no cycle path/pavement, don't fancy running along on main road)
4 have no transport for getting to the gym and
5 none of my friends are interested in exercise so no one to keep me company

i wish i could do a martial art :( but i do plan on at least doing some more exercise at home from now on, to be stronger and more flexible, toned. walking up the hill everyday for lunch is enough cardiovascular exercise for me ;)

feline01
Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:08 PM
Martial arts would be great, bulletproof. We want our kids to start on martial arts at a young age, maybe as young as 3 or 4. This way they can kick the ass out of anyone who makes fun of them for being vegan ;) .

Wanda
Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:36 PM
Martial arts would be great, bulletproof. We want our kids to start on martial arts at a young age, maybe as young as 3 or 4. This way they can kick the ass out of anyone who makes fun of them for being vegan ;) .
Our 3 and 5 year olds are taking karate classes already.
They love it!

Gorilla
Dec 24th, 2004, 11:01 PM
i would like to do more exercise but it's hard for me. i can't ride a bike :o i've tried to learn (not easy at my age) and i like the idea of it but i'm hopeless so that's out. swimming is expensive so even though i enjoy it i can't go as often as i'd like. i've been running recently but i get out of breath really easily and get bad chest pains :( i always hated PE at school because the teachers would encourage the kids who were naturally good at sports, and ridicule those who were not quite so gifted. :o

i used to like playing tennis and squash but don't have any friends who are interested any more, and i'm not very good anyway.

yoga just doesn't do anything for me, and while i'm interested in martial arts i'd feel much too self-conscious to join any classes. i'm thinking about trying a green gym if i can fit it around my job (unfortunately they always seem to be during weekdays). at the moment i just walk as much as possible.

Wanda
Dec 25th, 2004, 12:38 AM
while i'm interested in martial arts i'd feel much too self-conscious to join any classes.
I don't know if it would be anything for you, but I love my tae-bo tapes. It's great exercise!

Geoff
Dec 25th, 2004, 01:51 AM
[QUOTE=Gorilla]i would like to do more exercise but it's hard for me. i can't ride a bike :o i've tried to learn (not easy at my age) and i like the idea of it but i'm hopeless so that's out. QUOTE]

I had a lot of trouble learning to ride a bike but eventually taught myself on my Gran's monster 'sit up and beg' bike, so big I had to ride standing up.
The balance thing suddenly clicked and I was soon riding in races.
'NOT EASY AT MY AGE' indeed! I've got stuff in my fridge older than you mate. Stick with it. It's a great way to travel. :)