PDA

View Full Version : workout routines?

Pages : [1] 2

foxytina_69
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:23 PM
what is your work out routine?

mine is pretty much on the rocks right now! im trying to get my sleeping schedule back on normal so i can go for walks daily :)

Veggie4Life139
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:14 PM
I do some sit ups and push ups...that's pretty much it...

Michael
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:56 AM
I really wish I had time for a full workout routine. One of these days I'll get a schedule made and maybe get a membership to a gym. But going to a gym isn't really what I want to do, I'd rather work out at home, although that isn't really possible due to a lack of any equipment (or the funds to purchase such equipment ;)). In the meantime I'll do some push-ups and sit-ups, you can't go wrong there.

foxytina_69
Apr 22nd, 2004, 04:22 AM
push ups and sit ups definitely. also heavy cans are great for lifting and u cant go wrong going for a walk outside! that doesnt cost a dime :)

tricia
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I walk alot.. thats pretty much it... guess i should definately do more... :o

foxytina_69
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:10 PM
oooh ive bin working out regularaly. 20 minutes interval workout on the exercise bike daily :)

globesetter
Apr 24th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I try to do stretching everyday, but have been failing over the winter months - more like a few times a week now - also had been going for a walk/jog every morning, but chickened out during a Jan freeze -

BUT NOW

I have a dog - which means I HAVE to go for the walk - and she´s pretty big, so I get good exercise - she had never gone on a walk before, so we are both getting in condition together.

I walk alot anyway but this is a bit more rigorous, and more frequent.

When the weather is nice, I go rollerblading on Danube Island where there is lots of hills, and go swimming in the river.

regards,
globesetter

amritab@yahoo.com
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:30 PM
We have two retired racing greyhounds, I walk them twice a day for about 40 minutes total. I do run about 5 days a week, now my daily mileage is around 30 miles, but I also train for marathons. I am not doing one this year since I'd like to be a bit faster. I also lift weights , 10-15 lbs, twice a week for a total of 50 mins or so. And I try ti squeeze in yoga but tyat doesnt always happen.

Wanda
Apr 29th, 2004, 04:33 AM
I normally do a 30 minute or 45 minute workout tape.
But I just busted my neck yesterday during push-ups (result of planting two trees and removing a shrub). So I'm going to have to wait until it's okay again. Hate that! I can't stand these annoying physical limitations.

Artichoke47
Apr 29th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I do yoga every other day, and on the non-yoga days, I do 35 minutes on my elliptical machine. I also walk sometimes as well.

gertvegan
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I cycle to work and back every day all year. Its maybe 14 miles in total. Enough to get a really good sweat on. I feel wide awake, really energised, and ready to take on the world by the time I get to work. I also go to the gym at weekends and do medx ( weights ).

chakra
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:48 PM
It is, as they go, unstructured.

My dog is unwalkable so I run her at least five times a week. Or more. Since I work all day, as soon as I get in I'm stretching and gearing up. We run along the river and back through town, 4 to 5 miles.

Then the weekends. I'm devoting a lot of time here at some expense to other postponed projects. Housecleaning for example. :p

I live in a decrept old railroad flat with a long hallway and wood floors. The front room overlooks a busy street. It is small. I've removed all chairs and sit on cushions. There's a small rug for yoga in the center. A soloflex machine and weight rack occupies a corner prominently. I want this to be right there in front of me.

On recent Saturdays I get up and start with leg presses and stretch for a bit then, to finally placate the howling dog we hit the trail. This run is now going about 1 1/2 hours, est. @ 6-7 miles.

Return to do more leg presses, dead lifts, and squats. Then yoga to stretch the muscles. By afternoon I will be ready for some more yoga asanas followed by pranayama.

Sunday will be similar but a longer run, up to 10 miles if I'm up to it, followed by an upper body routine.

It still doesn't seem like enough and my gut still bulges but I have dropped around 15 lbs. Once I get tip top and gutterless I intend to streamline this routine and devote more of it to pranayama and samadhi.

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:58 PM
My usual routine: Tae Bo, 15-20 mins in the morning. Yoga, 30-60 mins every afternoon. Walking, 30 mins slow walk with elderly dog, and 30 mins fat walk on my own. Plus housework, etc.

Present routine (due to recent illness, dog laid up with bad leg, and now general lethargy on my part!!): Tae Bo -0, Yoga - 2 stretches per day, Walking - minimal, usually to biscuit tin and back to computer, - plus plenty of finger exercise, typing and moving Mouse.

Must get this SORTED!!! :D

cedarblue
Nov 26th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Tae Bo -0, Yoga - 2 stretches per day, Walking - minimal, usually to biscuit tin and back to computer, - plus plenty of finger exercise, typing and moving Mouse.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

i can picture it now! do you slop to the biscuit tin in some fluffy mule slippers and paisley knee-length dressing gown?? :D

and what are the two stretches? arm up to pour kettle onto teabag and then up again for soya milk??

Tigerlily
Nov 26th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I currently walk an hour and half every night or so. Lately I've been finding that it's not enough. Not like how it used to be a few months ago...if that makes sense. I want to maybe do yoga.

But I don't want to do anything a gym. I hate being around a lot of people. Especially sweaty people. :p

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 26th, 2004, 08:10 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL

i can picture it now! do you slop to the biscuit tin in some fluffy mule slippers and paisley knee-length dressing gown?? :D

and what are the two stretches? arm up to pour kettle onto teabag and then up again for soya milk??

Nah, don't like soya milk in my tea, drink herbal only now!
My slippers are very fluffy, but my dressing gown is a sturdy towelling job, with a hood for those very cold evenings, and my pyjamas are pink check, adorned with teddy bears!! :D

chakra
Nov 26th, 2004, 08:15 PM
But I don't want to do anything a gym. I hate being around a lot of people. Especially sweaty people. :p
Yeah, that's why I've got the setup at my crib.

I go by one downtown here often. The music in there just plain sucks too.

Besides, the dog would definitely make a scene if I left her alone to go to the gym. I've saved enough on fees to pay for the Soloflex, which I got during their sale for less than half. No way I could afford it now:

www.soloflex.com

Leigh
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I go to a Body Balance (yoga/tai chi/pilates) class twice a week and I try to go a Body Pump (weights) class once a week. I'm a bit of a gym girl because I really need the motivation. I've tried to do yoga at home, but I need the structure of going to classes. I also have two big dogs that I walk at the beach as many mornings as I can drag myself out of bed by 6am. I have really good genes though, so I stay thin whether I work out or not. That doesn't help with the lack of motivation either!

Mystic
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Everyday I do 200 sit ups - I used to have a lot of muscle wastage and had very weak abdominal muscles. I also walk Odi every day for at least half an hour - forty five minutes or he will go nuts. Nothing vigorous. I used to swim, but vanity got the better of me when it started drying out my hair and skin. When I can afford it, I will join a gym and tone those muscles!!!!

Northern Lights
Nov 26th, 2004, 11:54 PM
For those of you that want more workout without hitting the gym I discovered a great book! It's called the' Pilates Body' and it's no equipment, just pilates mat moves. I'm very strong but could not do the whole program when I started it.I still can't! It takes me about 45minutes to do the whole thing, 30minutes if I shorten it, but I feel great after.

And my ab muscles are way stronger!

I also enjoy the 'Navy Seals Workout'. That one you need a chin up bar to do, but forget needing machines- your own body weight is enough for a great muscle workout!

Aerobic- I need to do more walking however!

Wanda
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:58 AM
My usual routine: Tae Bo, 15-20 mins in the morning.
I do tae bo each morning too.
Okay, I skipped this morning, but usually 7 days a week.

eve
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:10 AM
I really wish I had time for a full workout routine. One of these days I'll get a schedule made and maybe get a membership to a gym. But going to a gym isn't really what I want to do, I'd rather work out at home, although that isn't really possible due to a lack of any equipment (or the funds to purchase such equipment ;))
Michael, I've had weights at home, but don't have the motivation (too hot!). Anyhow a few weeks ago I joined a gym, and do a one hour work out 3X a week, before a one hour swim. I also do a one hour swim on the other 3 days, just leaving Sunday to relax and read the morning papers. It's a lovely airconditioned gym, and I have a personal trainer - Brian - of course he is everyone else's personal trainer, but I go very early in the morning! As I leave, a few more people turn up. Brian has guided me through using the equipment, or I wouldn't know how they work. I'm so glad to be enjoying the workout. :D

Wanda
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:28 AM
What are you enjoying more Eve, the workout or Brian?

eve
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Hard to say! :D

celtic rose
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:43 AM
walking the dogs, gardening and housework
(not into organised exercise, detested sports at school, and I don't do sweaty - YUK)