PDA

View Full Version : nut butters

sen2two
May 25th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Does anyone here own a Olde Tyme PN1 (same one you'll see in whole foods to make your own fresh nut butters) nut butter grinder? I just bought one and am looking for some good recipes for different types of nut butters. I have been making raw peanut butter and raw almond butter in my food processor for the last year, but this new industrial grinder has me a little overwhelmed...

Any tips from someone who has used one of these?

CoolCat
May 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I don't have that machine, nor did I ever make nut butter in a food processor or any other way. But I do like cashew butter. If you never had it make sure to add it to the list of nut butters to make/try. The ingredients are just cashews, so I figure it's making a smooth paste out of cashews. Something your new toy should be able to do right?

The store here has two varieties. A darker one and a white one. The darker one uses roasted cashews and the white regular ones. I only tasted the the white one and it is so yum.

Blueberries
May 25th, 2012, 11:58 PM
nut butter grinder... industrial grinder

I've never seen an industrial nut grinder, it's pretty cool that you have one! I agree with Coolcat that cashew butter is pretty fantastic, I suppose you could also make your own chocolate/hazelnut spread (ie Nutella) or tahini (sesame seed butter).

Firestorm
May 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I remember reading a book from the owner of The peanut butter co, he gave a few tips such as to make crunchy nut butters you have to make a smooth nut butter first then add whole/broken nuts into it. Also there is a specific type of peanut that is best for making peanut butter with, I think it was runner or something but if I can find the book I will have a look.