PDA

View Full Version : What to do with carob confectionary?

Leighna
Jul 1st, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to veganism and in that fun stage of figuring out what I can eat and products suited to me. Anyway, in my hunt to find vegan chocolate that tastes like the chocolate I know and love, I bought some carob confectionary. It sucks. It's bitter and tastes like pure cocoa.

So I need something to do with a bar of it. My question is, does anyone know of a way to use this or any other plain chocolate to make a milk chocolate alternative? Or failing that, any decent recipes to use it up? E.g brownies, cake.

Thanks in advance!

Lilystein
Jul 1st, 2012, 03:39 PM
What about all the many, many vegan chocolate bars available? OM bars are creamy and delicious. There's so much out there. Do you have any kind of Health food store near you? I used to hate dark chocolate, but after a while I started to love it and actually prefer dark chocolate to the milky tasting ones.

Leighna
Jul 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
I found some yummy chocolate I like, but I don't want to waste the carob I bought and want to use it in a recipe :)

Blueberries
Jul 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
I found some yummy chocolate I like, but I don't want to waste the carob I bought and want to use it in a recipe :)

You could mix it in with cocoa and maybe make carob & chocolate muffins?

Firestorm
Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
There is a recipe in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar for carob cookies, never tried it myself but it could be worth a whirl, this (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=O-MIlTFSRRoC&pg=PA94&lpg=PA94&dq=vegan+cookies+invade+your+cookie+jar+carob&source=bl&ots=U3iZ1YVCJF&sig=q2fWbbCs80Ww9I95J7YNxpZ3Zac&hl=en&sa=X&ei=eOfxT5CvOa-U0QWQvrDbDQ&ved=0CE8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false) is a link to the recipe