PDA

View Full Version : Nutritional Yeast vs. Liquid Amino Acids

berliner79
Jul 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I'm new to veganism, eating primarily a plant-based diet. Is there a nutritional difference between nutritional yeast and liquid aminos? Is one better to use over the other for different types of cooking? I'm great at following recipes, but as I experiment on my own a bit more without the cookbook, I need a better understanding of the two products. Thanks for any information.

Blueberries
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I'm new to veganism, eating primarily a plant-based diet. Is there a nutritional difference between nutritional yeast and liquid aminos? Is one better to use over the other for different types of cooking? I'm great at following recipes, but as I experiment on my own a bit more without the cookbook, I need a better understanding of the two products. Thanks for any information.

Heya Berliner! Liquid Aminos is a soya sauce which contains all your essential amino acids, while nutritional yeast is a powder or flakes which provides B vitamins (usually including vitamin B-12, which vegans need to make sure that they have a specific source of) and some minerals. They're two completely different products which provide different nutrients. Good luck in your experimentation :D