PDA

View Full Version : Meal replacement drinks?

Tessy
Jul 20th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any meal replacement drinks that don't have soya in it? Soya really upsets my digestion :( or does anyone have a good recipe for one?

Blueberries
Jul 21st, 2012, 07:08 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any meal replacement drinks that don't have soya in it? Soya really upsets my digestion :( or does anyone have a good recipe for one?

I know that you can get hemp and pea protein powders if that's what you mean?

Tessy
Jul 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
That would be cool, where do you get those?

thisisthelife
Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hello,

I use a hemp powder as a meal replacement sorta thing, it is a great whole food that contains all the essential amino acids, lots of fibre, some carbohydrates and really useful stuff like omega 3 and 6 fats. I get mine organic (I'm pretty sure that 99% of hemp is organic because it is so robust a crop that it doesn't really need pesticides to help it grow) from myprotein, it is quite cheap but there are loads of other brands you can look at such as good hemp, I get their hemp milk sometimes and that is really good too :D.

P.s., I have tried pea protein too, it is okay and cheaper but nowhere near as complete nutritionally as hemp is

Andy_T
Jul 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Have you tried green smoothies???

All you need is a high-power blender, some fresh fruit (bananas, apples, pears, pineapples, what you have), some greens (e.g. kale, spinach, salad, carrot greens, stinging nettles from your garden or whatever else is leafy and green) and liquid (orange juice, water, ...).

It's what gets me started every norning and keeps me motivated during the day...

Best regards,
Andy

Ontheverge
Jul 23rd, 2012, 11:11 PM
Agree with Andy_T - I drink green smoothies at least once a day. Here's my "go-to" recipe:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana (frozen or not)
- 2 tbsp milled flax
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 - 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or whatever I have in freezer)
- 3-4 cups of greens (either spinach or kale, usually)
- 1 scoop hemp protein (optional, I usually don't use it)

This makes one huge glass of smoothie and keeps me full for hours.

Andy_T
Jul 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
You can gradually increase the green stuff, starting with a fruit smoothie ...
If you add bananas, it's also a meal in itself (OK, you could as well simply eat the bananas, but smoothies are really cool)

Best regards,
Andy

Firestorm
Jul 26th, 2012, 07:12 AM
That would be cool, where do you get those?

You can get Hemp Protein from Veganstore (http://www.veganstore.co.uk/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=860&Category_Code=810), also Honest-to-goodness (http://www.honest-to-goodness.org.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=protein&x=0&y=0) sells Sun Warrior protein which appears to be soy free from the ingredients list on the SunWarrior (http://www.sunwarrior.com/product-info/warrior-blend/) website