PDA

View Full Version : Tartex

gmc
Aug 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I love Tartex, but stopped eating it a while back and I couldn't remember why. Now I remember............ I've jut bought some and I have problems getting it out of the tube! it's all right until its been in the fridge, then it sets and you need wrists like a boxer to get it out. I wish they would put the stuff in a jar :rollseyes_ani: Anyone else have this problem, if so have you solved it? :confused:

CoolCat
Aug 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Tartex comes in cans too. If those aren't available in your area try to find a tube key perhaps.

http://www.torquato.co.uk/mall/2/pic/it7658105307.jpg

peanutbutter
Aug 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I'd just squeeze it into a small jar/tub before first refrigeration.

gmc
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'd just squeeze it into a small jar/tub before first refrigeration.

Good idea, but I'm not sure if it would keep as long as it would in the tube.

- - - Updated - - -

Tartex comes in cans too. If those aren't available in your area try to find a tube key perhaps.

N

Thanks, I'll have a look around for one of these.

Ribbon
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I don't refrigerate it (for precisely that reason) and it's honestly always been fine just in the cupboard, lasts months. If you don't fancy that then maybe just take it out of the fridge a bit before you want to use it?

Andy_T
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:12 AM
I also like the cans (seems to be available only in cans in Germany), but they do go bad really quick - due to no preservatives being added, they normally do not last longer than a week in my fridge.

Best regards,
Andy

PS: In Germany, there's also a lot of other brands available - I really love "Zwergenwiese" ("dwarf's meadow"), they have some really funky tastes (e.g. red beet- horseradish)

Risker
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I use a rolling pin.