PDA

View Full Version : "Honestly: Do you think vegan food is as tasty as the food you ate before?"

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Hemlock
Nov 24th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Definitely, seeing as I only used to eat ready meals which are usually rank, our food tastes fantastic now. Although to be fair everything tastes wonderful now I've given up smoking:D

speedylemons
Nov 26th, 2005, 05:02 AM
My waist can be the judge of that! :rolleyes: :eek:

moochbabe
Nov 26th, 2005, 05:06 AM
I've become more adventurous and better at cooking. So for food I make it is better than it used to be.
AMEN :D

Tigerlily
Nov 26th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Definitely, seeing as I only used to eat ready meals which are usually rank, our food tastes fantastic now. Although to be fair everything tastes wonderful now I've given up smoking:D

Good for you!

I was lucky, I smoked for a year and then I stopped. :) I'm glad I did.

moochbabe
Nov 27th, 2005, 07:00 AM
ya, i'm glad that i've always been pretty natural, and never picked up smoking, even though when i was little i thought it was the coolest that and drinking :rolleyes:. and i took to drinking for a little while :(, althought only casually now these days i'm far too natural and see my body as my temple...although i like wine for cooking...

deadinside
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Vegan food is definitely better.

qwaychou
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:21 AM
I didn't vote because I haven't been vegan for very long, and while i find myself sometimes wanting "omni" food, I think it may be "withdraw" or habit, or tradition, or whatever. Give me a year being vegan and I'll vote then, ok?:p

scruffyhead
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:52 AM
I didn't vote because I haven't been vegan for very long, and while i find myself sometimes wanting "omni" food, I think it may be "withdraw" or habit, or tradition, or whatever. Give me a year being vegan and I'll vote then, ok?:p

I really understand what you are saying im the same ive only been vegan for about six months, this xmas day i just stayed away from all the xmas celebrations so i wouldnt have to put up with all the comments lol i know that sounds childish but the people i would of spent xmas with would of made it unbearable lol its not that i miss the food its all the sarcastic comments thats come with it..... anyhow its the day after and im still vegan thats all that matters..lol... and no one died for me to live..

sugarmouse
Dec 26th, 2005, 12:41 PM
i was at the xmas table when my gran announced i had 'done very well with it'
that my vegetarianism (obviously now veganism)wasnt a silly teenage fad and i had done so wel to stick to it

WTF i have done well to be commpassionate and peaceful...i dont get ppl

pedro
Dec 26th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Vegan food is definitely better.
For that reason we are here. Also because the vegan food have better flavor and each one does not have responsibility in the abuses of the production of food animal's origin.

Best regards.

SweetLady66
Dec 27th, 2005, 10:28 AM
I love love love! vegan food! I have always been a huge vegetable and fruit eater to the point that I will open a can of green beans and eat that for a meal. I feel 100% better being a vegan. I totally thought I would be craving chocolate or all the goodies my mother is always buying that contains milk or eggs. But not at all! Its amazing! I don't even miss junk food! If I need anything sweet I buy trail mix dry fruit. It taste just like candy to me.

princessemma
Dec 27th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I think a lot of the reason our food is tastier as vegans is because, I relied so heavily on dairy as a vegetarian and even when loosing weight I ate low-fat dairy instead. Our diet got bland and boring, although it was probably a lot more exciting than the traditional meat with two veg or burger and chips. Now we have to make an effort and vary our meals but already we've got firm favourites.

A lot of the soya alternatives to dairy such as soy cheese and egg free mayonnaise are as high in fat as their full-fat dairy counterparts. I am so careful with my weight so I restrict my use of these products and use tofu, beans, chickpeas, fruit and veg, wholegrains etc.

Before going vegan I had no idea how to cook chickpeas or lentils. Now I do I am eating a diet that is naturally low-fat so I am not having to count calories as much. I do feed my daughter soy cheese and toffuti cream cheese though as well as nut butters because of course she needs the calories. My husband eats them because he's 6 foot 2, rake thin and eats like food is going out of fashion!:) I put the weight on just by watching him eat! So tofu is a godsend, it's low in fat and can be used for anything I don't know how I managed so long without it.

ph63228
Dec 27th, 2005, 10:25 PM
i beleive that both taste the same but am not willing to break my veganism to prove it, the difference that can be seen without tasting is that when you eat vegan food you know that it is doing no harm to you and it is doing no harm to you and so you feel better and it tastes better.
My theory at leist!!

northwind-curry
Dec 29th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Good taste or good feeling is no worth insane acts. Slightly better i would say, because i am feeling more present.

moochbabe
Jan 2nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
I like that I need to eat more midfully. It makes me appreciate my food, its complexities, and its nourishing qualities.

Melanie
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I enjoy my food a lot more now, I have however, developed a weird addiction to apples... :S

ph63228
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:00 AM
hehe, i have a unnaturally large craving for halva! i have been vegan all my life but even so i have just discovered it and it is awesome!!!

catmogg
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Doesnt halva have honey in it?:confused: Or are there versions without??? I'd like to know if there are!!:)

Cherry
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Doesnt halva have honey in it?:confused: Or are there versions without??? I'd like to know if there are!!:)

Yeh, not all halva has honey. Luckily :)

Morna
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I LOVE vegan food, but I think that's partly because I'm getting a lot more organic food and because I'm cooking a lot of things from scratch that I didn't before. Homemade food (assuming you know how to cook, which I do) is always better than that processed stuff.

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Doesnt halva have honey in it?:confused: Or are there versions without??? I'd like to know if there are!!:) You can make your own...it's the easiest candy to make!

puffin
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Sorry to be so thick but what is halva?

Cherry
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Sorry to be so thick but what is halva?

Hiya Puffin :) It's made from sugar and sesame, so it's like a block of solid sweet tahini that melts in your mouth. And it sort of fizzles like sherbet. Lovely.

Get yourself to Al Amin on Mill Rd in Cambridge - they have several different sorts :)

ph63228
Jan 10th, 2006, 02:00 PM
You can make your own...it's the easiest candy to make!

how do you make it?? post the instructions pleeeeeeeeesee :D

puffin
Jan 10th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hi ph63228. Try this http://www.organicfood.co.uk/inspiration/raw_halva.html
Thank you to kiran for the link and thank you cherry i havent been to cambridge for a while but will defo go there when i go next :)