PDA

View Full Version : Weird food

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mystic
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:40 AM
1. What are some unusual combinations of foods that you like to have together?
2. What do you do different with food that people think is wierd?
3. What do you think is wierd that no body else thinks is wierd?

I barely ever peel carrots coz I can't be bothered and I mash potatoes with their skin on still - people can't understand this at all.

I can't understand people who like peanut butter and jam sandwiches...ewwww

I also can't understand the whole guacamole thing on top of corn chips or nachos

My boyfriend likes salted peanuts mixed with sultanas....salty and sweet in one mouthful is wrong!

feline01
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:16 PM
I never peel my carrots or skin my potatoes either unless they're not organic (which I don't buy anyway). The outside has loads of nutrients anyway. Plus, it tastes better whole.

Spiral
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:23 PM
I like peanut butter, banana and vegan orange chocolate spread sandwiches. Is that weird, or just stomach churning? :D

feline01
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
I like peanut butter, banana and vegan orange chocolate spread sandwiches. Is that weird, or just stomach churning? :D
Just stomach churning :D . Now a peanut butter and banana sandwich is mighty fine, peanut butter and anything really.

Kiva Dancer
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
I like *M*'s combination. :D

I also love peanut butter with sliced tomato and onion. Sliced pickles and soy bacon with that makes it pure heaven.

People think this combination is bizaar but I think it's devine. :D

1vegan
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
Peanut butter or Tahini on bread with sambal *licks*

feline01
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
What's sambal?

Tigerlily
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Peanut butter with bananas and flax (it's the only way I'll eat ground flax!)

Jam and non-dairy cream cheese

Ketchup and jam on toast

1vegan
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
What's sambal?

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

I'll take a picture of it tomorrow :D
(the sandwich)

feline01
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:47 PM
That's what I thought it was, now that I know for sure, I'm thinking that it would taste pretty good with peanut butter or tahini.

l337_v3g4n_1
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:00 PM
I alway eat the ends of carrots, and when I eat some types of berries I eat the whole twig too. I also eat the green ends of strawberries, and the outside of kiwis (the fruits!)
I also always eat the outside of carrots, potatoes etc.

Am I a nut? (If so, I hope I'm organic!)

Miel Miette
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
"3. What do you think is wierd that no body else thinks is wierd?"

One of the weirdest thing I've eaten was a recipe I got from here. Biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were really scone-like, and the gravy was, well gravy. The other thing is what my sister in law makes for pasta. She boils spagetti and puts tomato sauce on it. No, not red sauce, but just ketchup straight out of the bottle. Ewww! And she feeds it to her whole family.

Lucy
Mar 5th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I've put ketchup on pasta before coz i was being lazy and it sounded like a good idea at the time, but it was gross! I couldn't eat it.

I like eating marinated tofu just out of the packet! My bf likes it fed to him sensually! I've never seen anyone turned on by tofu before. ;)

I never peel carrots, they taste better (organic).

I like yeast extract on crumpets which i thought was weird, though some people think syrup on crumpets is weird and i say thats normal! :)

Sometimes i just eat mushrooms on their own.

LyricSarah
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:09 PM
so I should apologize beforehand for this post because i have some very strange tastes!! lol :D

1: weird things i like...

-peanut butter sandwiches with veggie bacon and pickles
-I put cold marinara sauce,or cold ketchup, or even cold cocktail sauce on almost everything except desserts....especially salads!
-mix a LITTLE soy sauce or tamari with vanilla soy frozen dessert...it taste like butterscotch!!!
-vegan pizza with bananas....vegan chz marinara and bananas are sooo yummy ;)

2. weird things i do with food...
-when i eat a mango I loove to eat the skin too
-I like salt so much i put it on dessert sometimes
-mostly every night for dessert i heat up milled flax seeds with water and mix in everything i can find!...like hip whip, nut butters, rice cakes, jams, soy ice cream, vegan hot chocolate mix, soy/almond milk, cereals, soy protein powder....

I like mixing everything because if its not mixed i can never deside what to eat first lol

when i eat cereal I haaaaaave to have the soy milk/almond milk like freeeezing cold...sometimes once its all in the bowl ill put it in the freezer for like 10 min...I know Im weird :(...then i drink all the soy milk and leave the cereal for last.

3. whats "normal" but I think is weird...

veganaise or nayonaise....i HATE the taste of mayo...whyyyy do people put it on sandwiches and salads

veggie burgers that try to taste like meat...gross....i can stand that "meaty" taste!!!!! :P...like the vegan boca burger yuck

has anyone seen how some people eat grapefruits...they cut it in half and load it with sugar...then eat it out with a spoon...gross

mango salsa...yuck...
anything with cilantro....yuck

Kiva Dancer
Mar 5th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I also love tofu out of the packet. Just a bit of seasalt and yuuuuuummmmmmmmm. :D

"-peanut butter sandwiches with veggie bacon and pickles" I've had this. It's very good stuff. :)

My guy thinks I'm very strange, but I love olive oil and a bit of lemon pepper on my hot multi-grain cereal. And I like it very dry. Like "crumbling off the spoon" dry.

I eat rolled oatmeal out of the package. It's the only way I can tolerate rolled oatmeal.

Wildflower
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:37 PM
2. What do you do different with food that people think is wierd?
3. What do you think is wierd that no body else thinks is wierd?

1) I don't really think anything I eat is too weird. My friend introduced me to peanut butter and jelly on a tortilla. That is weird, but it is great! Sour pickles and natural peanut butter is good. Carrots and peanutbutter are good. Lime and orange juice is good. green olives are good on everything in place of salt. Black olives and kalmata olives are good on things too.

2) People think pretty much everything I eat is weird. I don't peel things like carrots or potatos. I eat most veggies raw and plain. I always eat sunflower seeds with the husks on. I eat what I consider to be a normal amount of beans and people freak out and say I am going to get diareah or gas :eek: . Whatever, my body is used to eating veggies. I don't sweeten anything. I drink seltzer water, orange juice and a lime instead of pop. I don't like ice. I will drink pop flat and at room temperature. I like olives, people always think that's weird and they are my favorite food, I put them on almost everything. I love avocados. i drink soymilk and I eat tofu.

3) I am with Lyric Sarah, I think mayo is weird. I always have, I am afraid to even touch it, it totally grosses me out. I don't mind it in something (spinach dip, artichoke dip) but if I can taste or smell it I can't eat it. I think its weird how people won't eat veggies. people get grossed out by them and sometimes won't even touch them. this guy at work is afraid, one time i put some brocolli on his keyboard and he freaked out. I think eating meat is weird - it's dead! Gross. Stealing cow's milk and eggs is weird too - who thought of that?

DeathOfDecadence
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:13 PM
tofutti better then creamcheese and Jam sandwiches.
veganaise and ketchup on potatos. and veganaise and chips
ketchup on non dairy mac & cheese
also, the pb and soy baccon sandwich sounds great sans pickles!

gertvegan
May 9th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Yeast extract with avocado houmous (come to think of it, any houmous) or marmalade on top, on toast. :p

Cherry
May 9th, 2005, 07:44 PM
That's totally disgusting! I just can't handle the sweet with savoury thing.

littleTigercub
May 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I eat kiwi as a whole, skin and all, as I cannot be arsed to spoon them.

LittleTigercub

DoveInGreyClothing
May 9th, 2005, 10:55 PM
1-I put packets of nuts in ready salted crisps and give the bag a shake to mix em together. Peanut butter (there's a peanut butter theme going on here!)with apple slices. Crisps dipped in marmite. Crisps and plain chocolate ate together(alternating bites) tastes weird but good. Muesli/breakfast cereal on it's own ie no milk

2-Just being vegan period. People think that's weird.

3-Ordinary bread-ugh! I can have it toasted, I like rolls and crusty bread and naan and all the exotic varieties but the ordinary sandwich stuff is soggy and bland to me. Cereal with milk, even soya milk, makes it soggy and ruins it. And I can't stand sunflower seeds! I know the suflower is the vegan society's logo but they are horrible, even the smell. And I hate gravy it reminds me of dog food.

Mystic
May 10th, 2005, 04:35 AM
I eat kiwi as a whole, skin and all, as I cannot be arsed to spoon them.
I have done that before - but I don't like it :D

Ordinary bread-ugh!
ME TOOOOOO! I love the thick dense sourdough breads, anything with loads of grains and seeds in it, pita, tortillas etc...but give me plain sliced bread and I would rather starve :D

Roxy
May 10th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Crisps and plain chocolate ate together(alternating bites) tastes weird but good.

I just started laughing when I read that! :D That is wierd! I am just trying to imagine you Dove, having a crisp and then a bit of dark chock, then another crisp and a bit more chock lol

Seaside
May 10th, 2005, 05:10 AM
None of the peanut butter combinations listed here are weird.....
Fruits and vegan cheeses are vegan versions of French desserts....
Unpeeled fruits and veggies are not weird.....
You can even get potato chip/crisps coated in white chocolate in the USA....

Spaghetti with yellow mustard, now that's WEIRD!!! (But yummy!) :D

Posted by LyricSarah:

-mix a LITTLE soy sauce or tamari with vanilla soy frozen dessert...it taste like butterscotch!!!
OK, THIS might be weird! ;)

ChocolatBlanc
May 10th, 2005, 08:28 AM
hmm.... weird foods... well, some might consider it odd that I like ketchup on lots of things-- bread, zucchini, green beans, spinach, carrots-- yumyum!
oh, I also like to broil/microwave/bake a lot of fruits before I eat them sometimes. This includes bananas, mangoes, strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, pineapple, apples, and peaches. tasty tasty tasty!
now, what I CANNOT fathom is eating a kiwi with the skin! yikes! :confused: