PDA

View Full Version : 'Weird' thought on meat industry -V- holocaust

Clueless Git
Oct 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Brains are like small children, sometimes, I think ...

Like if you don't keep a carefull eye on them at all times then they are prone to wandering off, somewhere out of sight, and getting up to mischeif on their own?

Mine took a little wander this morning and, when I found it, it was sitting, quite happily, in a corner playing with a box of matches, a can of lighter fuel and some random holocaust analogies.

Holocaust: Industrialised slaugher of an inherently finite number of sentient beings. Number of victims being finite, total sum of suffering = finite too.

Meat Industry: Self perpetuating (by virtue of breeding programmes) industrialised slaughter of an inherently in-finite number of sentient beings. Number of victims being infinite, total sum of suffering = infinite too.

Anyways, if the above is correct (which it is) then the following must be correct also:

Even if the individual victims of the meat industry have only one billion,billion,billionth of the capacity to suffer that the individual victims of a human holocaust had/have, then;

Any finite quantity is always as a single squirt of gnat's pee in all the oceans of all the world compared to an infinite quantity.

So the holocaust, amount/value of life lost/suffering caused, must be as a single squirt of gnat's pee in all the oceans of all the world compared the amount/value of life lost/suffering caused by the meat industry.

Anyways that's where my head was when I finaly found it. Just thought I'd share :)

BellaTanie
Oct 14th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Very sad but completely right

Clueless Git
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Very sad but completely right

Come the day I plan to turn my decommisioned local branch of McMurders into a tourist attraction Bella.

Like they did with Auschwitz.