PDA

View Full Version : Good soy jerky?

Pages : 1 [2]

ohboysoy
Dec 24th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Thanks a lot!

Caitlin
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Stonewall Jerquee!!! I swear this is stuff is so GOOD! I handed it out to some people at school and they loved it! My 4 yr old brother loves it too lol. Stonewall Jerquee.. try it! You can get it at the Health Food Store.

lolamako
Jun 28th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Ugh, I can only eat a little stonewall. I just tried the tasty eats jerky last week and I totally loved it, I thought it was the best so far. I like Primal strips, but they are wet and I cant have gluten (just found out) so I dont eat them anymore.

I think the best homeade jerky is made with seitan, just cook the sh*t outta it.

Roxy
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:14 AM
I love the Tasty Eats stuff. My local organic grocery store stocks the ginger flavoured one. Mmmmmm!!! I can eat a whole bag of it at once :D

Caitlin
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:20 AM
lol I can eat a whole bag of it at once and probably two bags of it in a day lolamako. I've seen the other soy jerquee's but I'm kind of iffy to try them. Tasty Eats.. Ill have to look for that next time I visit the health food store!

My health food store only stocks three Flavors of Stonewalls (Mild, Hot, And Teryaki) which sucks because the Peperonni, Pastrami and other flavors sound really good!

Seaside
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:48 AM
I love the Tasty Eats stuff. My local organic grocery store stocks the ginger flavoured one. Mmmmmm!!! I can eat a whole bag of it at once :D
:D :D
I just did eat a whole bag of Tasty Eats Original Soy Jerky.
Newcook, it is sweeter than Tofurky Jurky or Vegi Delite, but it is dry and chewy. It is worth a try! I get mine at Mollie Stone's or Whole Foods Markets.

Roxy
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:11 PM
LOL - I am going to buy some tomorrow. :D

It's funny - people ask me if soy jerky is like meat jerky. I tell them that I have no way of comparing as I never in my life tried meat jerky.

Wildflower
Jul 2nd, 2005, 04:02 AM
LOL - I am going to buy some tomorrow. :D

It's funny - people ask me if soy jerky is like meat jerky. I tell them that I have no way of comparing as I never in my life tried meat jerky.

Hahaha! I haven't either, so I have asked omni's about my Stonewall Jurquee, they say it tastes the same. 6 of them told me that.

I love that stuff, I bought it for my dog, who is allergic to beef, as a treat and couldn't believe how good it is! And, low in calories, high in good fat and high in protein. Now, I eat it a lot as a "treat" for grocery shopping, or as a snack on roadtrips.

They only have mild and hot at my store too. The Cajun Bacon sounds so yummy! I can just taste Bacos when I think of it.