PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new and going vegan for the second time!

Lauren87
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Hi everyone I'm Lauren and I'm new to this forum.

I was vegan for a year and was the healthiest and happiest I have ever been. Then I went to university for a year and started to eat cheese again :sad:

Now I'm getting back on track and am going to be vegan from now on - starting right now (although it is midnight so actually starting at breakfast tomorrow!). I have type 1 Diabetes so it's especially important for me to eat healthily, so going vegan again will help me health-wise as well as helping the animals and our world.

I already use all cruelty-free products and eat mostly vegan food so I'm hoping the transition will be easy. Please wish me well! :-)

harpy
Dec 29th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Lauren, best of luck from me, am sure all will go well as you sound as if you've made up your mind :thumbsup: Hope you enjoyed breakfast?

Lauren87
Dec 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
So far today I have had one pear for breakfast and two crumpets with wholemeal peanut butter and jam for lunch. I'm snacking on diced mango now and for dinner I will be making a stir fry with rice noodles :) going well so far!

TheHRchannel
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:48 AM
I hope you're also getting a good exercise! Anyways good luck and I hope you get healthier. :)

Clueless Git
Dec 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Please wish me well! :-)

Well wishes for you Lauren! :)

I have type 1 Diabetes so it's especially important for me to eat healthily ..

I read somewhere that either fennel or fenugreek have properties that stimulate the pancreas. Might be worth your while looking into that?

yo-yo
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Awesome news, keep it up, you can do it this time, I'm sure!! :)

Lauren87
Dec 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks for your support guys, it's going really well so far! I already feel a lot more energetic and happy :)

Anaj
Dec 31st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hi - I am new also. I have been vegan for about 6 months. It has been a journey for me, and I have become more strong in my feelings as time passes. Anaj

clouddog
Oct 6th, 2014, 09:12 PM
HI I am also new but may struggle a bit more coming from omni then veggie 10 yrs vegan 6 months omni 10 years
new decision

sorry for the long post but i don't know how to post a new thread yet

I have been transitioning badly I have had about 40 different products in the last 5 days. 8 weren't vegan, partly because of the one last drink philosophy for my 40th birthday. How much more awesome would it have been had that been my first strict day but I guess it's too late because the day was planned pre decision and at the last minute i had a veggie nearly good enough to be vegan camping holiday, not perfect. Not too far off.... I just keep slipping up with buying the wrong thing...
and it's even then not the kind of thing I can easily give someone else. The point has been reached where no other thing will pass my lips, so instead of since my turning 40 was a decision milestone that will have to be good enough.

true first vegan date 7th october or 40 and 4 days

NightOwl
Oct 12th, 2014, 05:07 AM
I am new here also. I have been trying to transition but kept giving in to a sudden craving for cheese or butter. I know it is hard when you have been raised eating meat and cheese. If is a challenge to find foods on the go. I am so busy right now. I think once I seek out where the foods are and the stores that have great vegan foods it will be easier for me. I surely am doing this for the animals and health. Coming here is going to help us a great deal. I know I need some recipes and input on products. Tips on how to keep up and not turn back. I am not sure if I want to get products that are vegan versions of Omni fav foods that I was eating or just create vegan foods. I would like to start shopping at my fav produce market and make home made recipes from whole foods. I was a big eggs and bacon person before I became mindful of the suffering of animals. I crave a savory breakfast and that is something I have to think about and find recipes.

Glad you made a decision to stay vegan as I have and I am sure we will be happier for it.