PDA

View Full Version : eating with your fingers

Pages : [1] 2

medus
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:02 PM
it was a nice party yesterday -- some friends, vegan food and... eating withoud forks and spoons. :) very funny and messy.

sometimes I like eating just with my fingers.
what about you?
:)

1vegan
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Sure..... I have no problems with eating with my fingers, though being vegan means I do eat more things that are easily eaten with a fork of spoon :)

Stu
Mar 5th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I find that it's more fun if you eat with someone else's fingers. It's more messy, too.

laura1983
Mar 5th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I find that it's more fun if you eat with someone else's fingers. It's more messy, too.

stu, im really confused!??!

Stu
Mar 5th, 2005, 10:01 PM
What - you mean you don't get your friends to pick up piles of spaghetti and pile it into your mouth?

Must be just me then.

Miel Miette
Mar 6th, 2005, 12:57 AM
I like eating with my fingers. :D

Mystic
Mar 6th, 2005, 02:59 AM
At dinner, we usually have our main dish, with a big plate of salad in the middle to share. We eat our main with our cutlery but eat the salad with our fingers.

Tofu Monster
Mar 6th, 2005, 09:43 AM
i just ate some pretzels with my fingers. :D

kriz
Mar 6th, 2005, 04:26 PM
No finger eating for me.

Kiva Dancer
Mar 6th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Finger food is the best food. :D

scorpy
Mar 7th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Food tastes different when eaten with fingers. Sometimes it's the only way to eat some things :p

FR
Mar 7th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I eat with my fingers when it comes to things like cereal (I eat it dry), sandwiches, wraps, pizza, french fries, fruit, baby carrots ... things like that.

Tigerlily
Mar 7th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Some foods I eat with my fingers. Some I used a fork. I dislike spoons and only use them for cereal, puddings, soups, stuff like that.

I also eat with pita bread. Tear off a peice and scoup up my food.

My boyfriend is from Sri Lanka originally and I guess traditionally they all eat with their hands. He does. It looks messy but fun!

laura1983
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
What - you mean you don't get your friends to pick up piles of spaghetti and pile it into your mouth?

Must be just me then.

chocolate maybe, but spaghetti!! Haven't tried that one! Must arrange a night for my friends to come round and try it!

PinkFluffyCloud
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Yay! for Finger Food - but wash hands first, please! :D

speedylemons
Dec 14th, 2005, 02:13 AM
eating with your fingers is fun.. however, i must say that the grapefruit spoon is the coooooolest thing ever. there's like nine million things i can eat with it. :D

Jacqui
Dec 14th, 2005, 05:28 AM
fingers are just the perfect eating utensils:)
maybe not for a clear soup....but everything else:)

JustMe
Dec 14th, 2005, 08:26 AM
You may have heard the saying that "fingers were made before forks". I like eating with my fingers - depends on the food, of course. It's also good fun feeding the special person in your life this way :)

scorpy
Dec 31st, 2005, 08:18 AM
I agree. It makes it a whole lot more sensual. Alone or with someone!
Actually both :p Preferably with someone but sometimes alone is good too :D Happy New Year ;)

Tigerlily
Dec 31st, 2005, 11:28 AM
Chopsticks are fun too. I'm still learning so when I use chopsticks, I find myself using my fingers about half the time to help grab the food. Hehehe!

lydia
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
ouch those grape fruit spoons look dangeres! im going to try that finger eating, my family might think ive gone even more bonkers eating rice n veg curry like that but hey most mamals eat like that.

indianvegan
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
I always eat with my fingers except while eating Rice with Dhal/Dal. I do keep Spoon in my plate. So it is mixed. Most people in India eat with the fingers only.

Manish Jain

Hemlock
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:53 PM
My stepfather is Indian. His family eat off washed banana leaves with their hands, they use chapatis for the messy stuff.
They did it really neatly but I always got it in my hair and down my front:o
Saves on washing up I guess :)

indianvegan
Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
My stepfather is Indian. His family eat off washed banana leaves with their hands,

Yeah, you are right, in South India, people do eat their food on Banana tree leaves...and few south indian during the course of eating foods lick their hands from finger to elbow too specially when do they eat Rice :eek:

Manish Jain

Hemlock
Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah, you are right, in South India, people do eat their food on Banana tree leaves...and few south indian during the course of eating foods lick their hands from finger to elbow too specially when do they eat Rice :eek:

Manish Jain

A lot of his relatives are vegan also because of their religion. Unfortunately my sisters (half sisters are omnivores), probably because they were brought up here, I'd always feel at home there tho' as everyone knows how to cater for vegans!
They must wonder why English women are such messy eaters though:D