PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Intestine, anyone??

Pages : 1 [2]

snivelingchild
Mar 12th, 2005, 01:18 AM
I occasionally see the advertisements for that in various restaurants/grocery stores in Southern States. Animal Intestines is used in other products, for example, traditional link sausage are stuffed into casings which are made from animal intestine (http://www.insca.org/faq/faq4.htm) .

Yes, I live in cajun country and here there's a dish called boudin that is like that. I'm sad to say that it was my favorite food as one point, of course it WAS before I knew what it was really made of.

Mystic
Mar 12th, 2005, 01:27 AM
All I can say is ewwwwwwww, and that I am so happy that I am a vegan :D

Michelle
Mar 12th, 2005, 06:46 AM
how BIZARRE!!!....I don't know what else to say about it.

Yes, unfortunately, people in the south (and elsewhere, of course) eat some really disgusting things. I actually had to grow up around some of that. My grandmother, who raised me from age 2 til 16 (when I was old enough to move out) ate ANY damn thing. I saw her eat intestines, ears, tails, brains, testicles, hearts, livers...the only thing i never saw her eat was an animal's actual sex organ or eyes...wonder why they skip those parts? Oh yeah!!! It's in the sausages and potted meat--silly me! How can people be so freaking unthinking and disgusting???

It's a damn wonder that I evolved into the vegan I am :) Yay me!! :P

Kiva Dancer
Mar 12th, 2005, 08:16 PM
I have family members who think eating blood sausages or blood gravy is a part of "good dining".

I think it's just disgusting and highly revolting.