PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Tofu

VeganBoy
Feb 26th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Hi every one.

My mate gave me some smoked tofu and it was AMAZING - does anybody know a good place to get large packs from, either online or around the east midlands? The only place near me sells the small packs.

Cheers!

Astrid660
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I don't know of anywhere to get large packs, but I second the fact that it is delicious! I like to fry it until it is pretty crispy and then mix in a couple tablespoons of vegan cream cheese. It is great with baked potatoes and green onion. OR as a topping in stuffed mushrooms.:D

deniselynn
Feb 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
These folks are always smoking their own tofu: http://veganmenu.blogspot.com/2012/04/smokin.html

Andy_T
Feb 27th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Oh.my.god.

Thanks Deniselynn, now I'm really hungry.
I love smoked tofu, never thought about making my own.

Best regards,
Andy

VeganBoy
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I don't know of anywhere to get large packs, but I second the fact that it is delicious! I like to fry it until it is pretty crispy and then mix in a couple tablespoons of vegan cream cheese. It is great with baked potatoes and green onion. OR as a topping in stuffed mushrooms.:D

Reading that has made me seriously hungry! I never really bought specialty vegan products if you know what I mean, I just ate whole foods, but recently started delving into the world of Tofu, Tempeh, Seitan etc... smoked tofu is definitely the best of the bunch that I've tried so far.

These folks are always smoking their own tofu: http://veganmenu.blogspot.com/2012/04/smokin.html

!! Yes! I am going to do this tonight!

I'll post back and let you know how it goes (I'll try not to set fire to the house)...

I am now imagining my own constant supply of smoked tofu!

Troutina
Feb 28th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Oh gosh, smoked tofu is the best! Taifin make my favourite - thinly sliced into a sandwich, chunks tossed in a salad, fried up like bacon - so good!

Barry
Feb 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Smoked tofu is the absolute business alright. I haven't had any in ages, must rectify that soon!

Blueberries
Feb 28th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Oh gosh, smoked tofu is the best! Taifin make my favourite - thinly sliced into a sandwich, chunks tossed in a salad, fried up like bacon - so good!

The Taifin is my favourite too, it and houmous on a baguette is magical! :)

Firestorm
Feb 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM
The Taifin is my favourite too, it and houmous on a baguette is magical! :)
I prefer Viana. Its really dark and smokey!

deniselynn
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Yknow, I am not such a fan of smoked things but I may have to try smoked tofu.

Blueberries
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I prefer Viana. Its really dark and smokey!

I haven't tries the Viana one I don't think, I'll have a look out for it :)