PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson

Tabbycat
Mar 10th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I didn't see a thread for this one. I picked it up at Barnes and Noble along with the 500 Vegan recipes book.

I've just been flipping through some of the pages and it reminds me of a Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's filled with a lot of good, basic recipes. And it has instructions on how to do things, which I really like.

My opinion is it's a great starter cookbook for vegan newbies like me.:thumbsup:

Blueberries
Mar 10th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I have flicked through it, I agree with you that it is a great cookbook for new vegans as there are many basic recipes which are good foundations to build on and experiement from. That being said, I haven't made anything from it yet. I tend to use my cookbooks more for inspiration and light reading material than cooking! I was looking at the caramelised onion foccacia earlier and thinking that it sounded really nice :)

BlackNeko
May 14th, 2013, 05:35 AM
How I wish it had pictures! I bought this book on Amazon about a month ago, but sadly without picture to inspire me I find it hard to decide what to cook from it. I agree that the book's recipes seem easy, which is not a bad thing when I don't feel like spending an hour in front of the stove :)

Blueberries
May 15th, 2013, 06:57 AM
How I wish it had pictures! I bought this book on Amazon about a month ago, but sadly without picture to inspire me I find it hard to decide what to cook from it. I agree that the book's recipes seem easy, which is not a bad thing when I don't feel like spending an hour in front of the stove :)

If you were inspired by a certain recipe you could look it up on Google images and see if any bloggers have posted pictures of it :)

BlackNeko
May 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM
If you were inspired by a certain recipe you could look it up on Google images and see if any bloggers have posted pictures of it :)

Oh I didn't think of that, good idea! :)