PDA

View Full Version : child allergies

genisis
Mar 16th, 2013, 07:22 PM
A friend's grandson is alergic to dairy and soya and they asked me if I knew of any alternative milk he could have (he is 9months old) I suggested rice milk but she said that children under 4yrs shouldnt drink rice milk because of the toxins that are in it. This I didnt realise, so I said I would try and find out for her as I didnt want to suggest another milk incase that was unsuitable for children as well. So I thought I would ask on here :-)

Does anyone know of an alternative to soya milk that is safe for a child of his age?

Thankyou in advance :heart:

Blueberries
Mar 16th, 2013, 11:20 PM
I suggested rice milk but she said that children under 4yrs shouldnt drink rice milk because of the toxins that are in it.

Are there toxins in rice milk? I thought that rice cereal was pretty typical baby food? (I do not have kids so have no experience of this, I just want to know where she heard this and if it's credible).

Tabbycat
Mar 17th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hmm maybe she will find something useful here: http://www.naturodoc.com/library/children/formula.htm

genisis
Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
She told me that the hospital had told her this about the rice milk Blueberries, but I too was surprised to hear of this as I thought rice milk would be ok.

And thanx Tabbycat for the link, I will pass the info on to her.