PDA

View Full Version : Stick blender in place of food processor

MissKat
Apr 13th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Has anyone tried using a Stick Blender in place of a Food Processor w/ success?

If this can work, it would be extremely helpful!

NOTE to MOD: I wasn't sure which section to post this. Please move it if it's in the wrong section. Thank You.

Firestorm
Apr 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I have tried and its usually successful, although it does depend on what you are doing (wouldn't work well with pastry or breadcrumbs)

Blueberries
Apr 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Has anyone tried using a Stick Blender in place of a Food Processor w/ success?

If this can work, it would be extremely helpful!

Hi Miss K, I think it depends on what you would like to blend and if you have a proper jug that would prevent dry stuff from flying everywhere! I have a hand blender and I use it mainly for soups and smoothies, but have used it ti make houmous. For dry stuff like nuts and seeds I use my cheap little coffee grinder.

Risker
Apr 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I used a very cheap stick blender instead of a food processor for ages, then I got a food processor and find that I use them both for the same jobs now. The stick blender does have a small food chopping attachment though.

Blueberries
Apr 13th, 2013, 08:36 PM
The stick blender does have a small food chopping attachment though.

Very fancy! :)

Risker
Apr 13th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Not really... The one I have looks like this (including attachments);

http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/178%5C5051399150178%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

It's about as cheap as they come.

Blueberries
Apr 13th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Not really... The one I have looks like this (including attachments);

It's about as cheap as they come.

I have a cheap one but it just has the one blade. I miss Argos sometimes! :( So much choice in cheap appliances!

MissKat
Apr 14th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Thank you everyone for your input ... very helpful! :D

micthemini
Apr 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I have a stick blender like Risker's. Never had a processor. I use it for soups, hummus, chopping nuts & fruit (in the enclosed thingy (on the left in Risker's photo). And I do breadcrumbs in that bit too (did half a loaf today - out of date, needed to do something with it!).
Mine is 20 years old and now showing signs of age. The enclosed thingy is falling apart, so I think it's time to start to look for a new one :cry:

MissKat
Apr 17th, 2013, 04:17 AM
I've been looking on Amazon for set a like Risker but haven't found one that doesn't have bad reviews. Will have to look around somewhere else online. This set would be super handy!

Festered
May 31st, 2013, 02:15 AM
I cut a hole in an old tupperware lid and threaded it over the end of the stick blender to stop stuff flying everywhere lol

Blueberries
May 31st, 2013, 02:02 PM
I cut a hole in an old tupperware lid and threaded it over the end of the stick blender to stop stuff flying everywhere lol

That's not a bad idea :)