PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Choux Pastry

Rocker_C
Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:10 PM
Hi Guys

Dont know if anyone knew of a vegan UK company called "Accidently Vegan". They used to have the site address of www.accidentlyvegan.co.uk and sold vegan profiteroles and other cool vegan desserts. Im trying to find a way to make vegan choux pastry and have failed in my first attempts. Anyone know how? or.. anyone know if this company is still up and running?

Chris

Firestorm
Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
I remember the company, it used to supply to VX. They did mail order for cakes & vegan rolos, if I remember rightly it received a shed load of complaints when a lot they turned up mouldy/off and I *think* the company closed (it was run by 1 person - a student doing a degree at the same time).

The Vegan Boulangerie (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Vegan-Boulangerie-traditional-dairy-free/dp/1426926596/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372789596&sr=8-1&keywords=vegan+boulangerie) has this type of recipe (I have a odd feeling that this is the book Accidentally Vegan used)

Rocker_C
Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:35 AM
I remember the company, it used to supply to VX. They did mail order for cakes & vegan rolos, if I remember rightly it received a shed load of complaints when a lot they turned up mouldy/off and I *think* the company closed (it was run by 1 person - a student doing a degree at the same time).

The Vegan Boulangerie (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Vegan-Boulangerie-traditional-dairy-free/dp/1426926596/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372789596&sr=8-1&keywords=vegan+boulangerie) has this type of recipe (I have a odd feeling that this is the book Accidentally Vegan used)

Thanks for the reply and for the reccomendation. Definitely going to try some of those recipes within that book. Its a shame that it ended up being that the foods were mouldy/off. Perhaps with a new brand and plan there is potential for this person or others in the vegan world to create something similar which lasts longer but doesnt have tons of preservatives etc.

Thanks

Rocker_C
Jul 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. The book looks really good with plenty of tasty recipes in it. thanks again