PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite sausages and bacon

dianitabonita
Aug 3rd, 2013, 07:08 AM
My omni family loves bacon and sausage for breakfast once in a while. I have been researching alternatives to the "real" stuff, and am a bit overwhelmed by all the great looking options! What do y'all think of the following: Smart Bacon, Upton's Seitan Bacon, Yves meatless breakfast sausage patties, Tofurky breakfast sausage links, and Gardein sausage patties? Which, in your experience, have you or others taken to best? I live in the US, btw. Thank you all!

Cacique
Aug 3rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
My girlfriend and I love smart bacon, and I think we tried the Yves meatless breakfast sausage patties and found them a bit too spicy for our taste, but we like things pretty mild. I would say to try all that look good to you, as people's taste varies. I've liked every thing I've tried from Gardein (eat it a lot) so I don't see why those would be bad.

Cheezees
Aug 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
I love smart bacon as well as tempeh bacon strips. Yummy! I eat them with mashed potatoes.

Senza
Aug 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM
I haven't tried any bacon alternatives however I have had nothing but bad experiences with Yves products in Canada. Best of luck finding something to your taste!