PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestion on how to cook eggplant?

garlic_liang
Oct 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
A nutrition book says that eggplants are low in saturated fat and have plenty of vitamin C, manganese and potassium. The fruits provide a good source of dietary fiber.

Can anyone suggest some simple ways of cooking eggplants? I tried a dish in a little book titled "Simple Chinese Cooking Recipes for Vegetarians" by Suan Tou Hong, which is very delicious and easy to make. But I like to try other recipes as well.

Risker
Oct 12th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Griddle them. Any other method of cooking is wrong. You can put them in stews and stuff, but only after you've griddled them.

Blueberries
Oct 16th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah sliced, roasted aubergine is really nice. You could also bread and fry them and put them in wraps.

Clueless Git
Oct 17th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Whatever you do with aubergines soak the slices/dices for at least an hour in cold water before you do it.

'Leeches' out any bitterness.

I think my recipe for aubergine and pasta bake with yoghurt (soy, obviously) lurks somewhere in the recipe section.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sliced, roasted aubergine is really nice.

A personal favourite :o

Liz1234
Apr 22nd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Hi,
Here is a quick and delicious eggplant recipe:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut each half into quarters lengthwise. Cut each of those in half to make two shorter quarters. Place the eggplant onto the baking sheet with the skin side down. Brush each piece with olive oil, basil and chopped garlic. season with salt.
3. Roast in the preheated oven until softened and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Spread with tahini (optional)