PDA

View Full Version : Went to an accommodating gastropub

Freedomly
Nov 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Firstly I hope I am posting this in the right place.
Secondly I hope this message gets through as the pub is named after a male chicken:rollseyes_ani:

I was invited out by my boss but was worried about what I would eat as it is not a vegan place and I have only been vegan for two months.

So I want to give a shout out to The C**k Inn Burton Upon Trent area.
They made me carrot and courgette soup (no butter,cream) with olive oil , salt & pepper toast.
Stuffed pepper ,on a bed of rice with ratatouille .
Hot sweet cherries in cherry sauce.

It was all really tasty and it's nice to know there is somewhere "safe" to fall back on for another time:-)

harpy
Nov 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Hi there receiving you loud and clear - thanks for the tip, although that seems a slightly odd name for an inn, guess the software may have censored the male chicken ;)

I find more and more places are cottoning on to vegan food particularly if you give them a bit of warning. So you timed going vegan well from that point of view :)

Freedomly
Nov 12th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I was quite worried and was even thinking of not going , because now that I am vegan I could never go back. Luckily my boss gave me the number and I was reassured by the chef.
Some people don't understand me yet , I told one person I was vegan , then she offered me a drink that had cream in it , but on the flip side she said she didn't like meat all that much , so I was able to share with her the "sausages" I had brought with me.
I must admit that I do regret all the years that I have eaten like I did , I came from an uneducated meat and two veg family and thought that eating like that was "normal" , but all I can do is try to help other people to think differently by leading by example and spreading the word.

harpy
Nov 13th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Yes I think most/all vegans feel like that, but I suppose we can try and use the memory of what stopped us from doing it earlier to deal with other people's reservations...sounds as if you've got a few people thinking about it already :thumbsup: