PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to El Piano in York?

Freedomly
Dec 6th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I am being taken to El Piano in York next week so I'm really excited , I've never been to a vegan restaurant before , so I will be able to choose anything from the menu , rather than having the chef decide what they are going to cook for me :rollseyes_ani:

Has anyone been there? Did you have a good experience?

Muffin
Dec 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Yes! It was a couple of years ago but i loved it. Awesome place, loads of character and atmosphere. Deeeelish food, really lovely. Have fun! :)

Freedomly
Dec 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Really enjoyed myself , people there were so down to earth. All the food was gluten free aswell so I could have all three courses without bloat...greedy me;)

nathanjh13
Jun 3rd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Yes I go in there a lot. York is really doing well for vegan food now. El Piano is outstanding as it's ALL vegan. Goji Cafe & Restaurant is veggie but very vegan friendly, Cafe 68 usually does at least one vegan main (often a vegan dessert too, ask if not on the menu) and the takeaway Tarts N Titbits does a couple of vegan sandwiches which are nice (the bhaji burger is ordered without the yogurt) and they have a phenomenal flapjack which is vegan and a date slice which is similarly vegan and very nice, really strong. The tapas place Ambiente also has a vegan menu. City Screen has a lot of veggie dishes but could do with going the extra mile for fully vegan dishes maybe. One day I hope we have a Veganz store like Germany and now London although with shops like Alligator on the edge of town we seem to have it covered!

nathanjh13
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:40 AM
Update for Cafe 68 Gillygate (York), their veggie breakfast uses home made vegan sausage and they'll add hummous etc instead of eggs (which is lovely when spread onto the toast). Just saying.

harpy
Jun 29th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Hello, that's excellent news about York. I always liked it but the vegan food opportunities were a bit limited at one time IIRC. Must try and get up there soon!

Sir Jed ENO
Jul 4th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Does anybody play the piano in New York? Of course, but we call her a "keyboard" & the action is reported as "tickling [the Ivy's]" which bares only a streak of similarity, as per verbiage, to your state-run musical institution... Tsk, far as I know you can choose anything you like at a vegan restaurant & say "No messy!" to the waiter or serving person - LOVE will find a way (oh, do remember to leave a tip) GRACIAS

nathanjh13
Jul 7th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Cocaine there ladies and gentlemen.

nathanjh13
Jan 12th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Quinii's in York has LOADS of vegan options too and it's new. I've not been but will do by the weekend (heard good things already). http://www.quiniis.co.uk/