PDA

View Full Version : Always hungry

Liz1234
Apr 22nd, 2014, 09:13 AM
Since I become a vegan a few weeks ago I feel hungry frequently. I think the problem is that I'm not eating enough protein but I'm not sure.
I am a single mom with two little boys ( currently on maternity leave) and I don't have a lot of time to cook.
Any suggestions?

Slash Claw
Apr 22nd, 2014, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on going vegan! It's great to hear from you :)

If you think that you are lacking protein, I am happy to report that there are a lot of vegan sources of protein.
These include:
nuts
beans
quinoa
chickpeas
veggies
tofu

Maybe the problem is that you aren't eating enough? Eat as much food now as you did before you went vegan.
Some easy to prepare lunch and dinner dishes include:
quinoa salad
various pasta dishes (make sure there is no egg in your pasta)
various wraps
salads
various rice dishes

Vegan breakfast options:
fortified cereals with non-dairy milk
various oatmeal types
yummy fruits
healthy vegan smoothies

Happy Herbivore has a lot of great and simple vegan recipes: http://happyherbivore.com/

In addition, make sure you are getting enough of essential vitamins that vegans may lack, such as vitamin B12. Also make sure that the companies you buy food from don't test on animals (Unilever is a big tester) and don't abuse them when it's avoidable in other ways (like Hormel does).

Happy living! :)

Mymblesdaughter
Apr 23rd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Maybe if you give us an idea of what you eat in a day we can give you some help with what you can do to fill up.

franklinjerry
Oct 4th, 2014, 06:14 PM
It is my big problem that I also always hungry.And when I started my eating once, then I ate one after one. As a result, I become healthy, but I want to loss my weight.

vineetha
Oct 10th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Very common, when women with pregnancy. But if you can give more idea about what you are on regular basis, that can helps to give better suggestions. Increase your nutrition quota. But I strongly recommend you to consult near doctor and check with them. Bcoz your food will effect inside of your baby.