PDA

View Full Version : [recipe] Please help, my homemade vegan cookies are like rocks

veganpixie
Dec 4th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Please help, my homemade vegan cookies are like rocks! :( I don't know what to do. I baked delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies and they tasted great right out of the oven and I was looking forward to eating them, but now they are hard as rocks. I feel very disappointed and crushed. Other than dipping them in coconut milk to soften, which I enjoy drinking anyway, is there anything else I can do to soften and and make them easier to eat? Please help, thank you!!

CurrantCottage
Dec 4th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Sorry - I have no advice as my problem is the opposite ! Mine always come out so soft and crumbly even when cold ! I pick them up and then crumble like breadcrumbs in your hand and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong! I've tried two different peanut butter cookies from vegan with a vengeance (or one of Isa's books - cant remember!) and the same has happened!

dropscone
Dec 7th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Have you checked your oven temperature? Maybe it's too high?If you just leave them in a container that isn't airtight for a few days they'll probably get a bit softer.