PDA

View Full Version : Open appetite

bananaHammock
Mar 20th, 2005, 04:46 AM
I always eat well...varitety of fruits, plenty of protein and carbs, etc.

but sometimes i have thie open appetite thats just doesnt stop....how can i control it? is there anytype of food/drink that just blocks open appetites? i'm open for anything, even medecine!!

By the way, the appetite I experince is very similiar to the munchies effect...you just want to try a little bit of everything..

Artichoke47
Mar 20th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I always eat well...varitety of fruits, plenty of protein and carbs, etc.

but sometimes i have thie open appetite thats just doesnt stop....how can i control it? is there anytype of food/drink that just blocks open appetites? i'm open for anything, even medecine!!

By the way, the appetite I experince is very similiar to the munchies effect...you just want to try a little bit of everything..

Beans and rice? What exactly are you eating? Give us a run-down.

Do you exercise?

foxytina_69
Mar 20th, 2005, 01:40 PM
does exercise help with appetite artichoke?

Artichoke47
Mar 20th, 2005, 02:59 PM
does exercise help with appetite artichoke?

By "help," what do you mean? :D

I think for some people, it increases appetite; for others, it suppresses the appetite.

Kiva Dancer
Mar 20th, 2005, 10:34 PM
It depends on what you're eating that will tell if you want to stop doing that or not.

The human body is meant to have food every 2-3 hours. If you're eating about this often, then there might not be cause for worries.

BUT it also depends on what you're eating, when you're eating it. Crisps and candy won't do as well as grains and legumes for example.

I also want to see what your typical eating day looks like.

foxytina_69
Mar 21st, 2005, 12:48 AM
oh well it just seemed like thats what you were saying when you asked if s/he exercised :)

Tigerlily
Mar 21st, 2005, 05:11 PM
I have found drinking some tea when feeling like snacking but not hungry, helps. Or have some cucumber slices with a bit of salt. Drinking more water could help too.

Kiva Dancer
Mar 21st, 2005, 05:29 PM
A lot of times, people think they're hungry when really they're thirsty.

The body doesn't really know the difference between the two until they get thristy. Once they're at that stage - they're on the way to getting quite dehydrated.

I've read that in order to figure your water needs, take your bodyweight, divide it in half and that's the amount of water in ounces that you need.

foxytina_69
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:44 PM
ugh my appetite has been up alot lately. i just cant seem to get enough yummy vegan food!

does anyone else notice they have more of an appetite being vegan?

abrennan
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
hello

it's been my experience that appetite is as much psychological as it is physical.

Often we feel the need to consume for reasons other than actual physical hunger.

Infact my own perception is that I am eating more of convention (ie it lunchtime, it's dinner time, etc) than anything else. This perception (years ago) lead me to the conclusion that I don't think I have ever really been hungry. One of the things that I read about (when I became interested in it) is that people percieve that they are hungry when their stomach empties itself of the food it has been processing.

Also our moods can lead us to want to eat as a distraction. You don't have to be obese to be suffering from this.

When you "think" or "feel" you want to eat it is worthwhile stopping and noticing what it feels like or what those thoughts are. What is your motivation to want to eat. In my own experience when you stop and observe the feelings and thoughts that are flowing through your person the "hunger" dissipates.

Perhaps you could try this.

Antony :)

Antony's stomach "Don't listen to that bastard, GIVE ME SOMTHING TO EAT!":eek:

Mystic
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:05 AM
If I only ate when I was hungry, I would look like a famine struck person from Ethiopia. I eat stuff coz it tastes good :D

foxytina_69
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:14 AM
If I only ate when I was hungry, I would look like a famine struck person from Ethiopia. I eat stuff coz it tastes good :D

lol :D

abrennan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:01 AM
:)

YEAH.... .....ME TOOOO!! GIMME THAT FOOD!!! (Antony's Stomach:eek: )

I once read some research that showed that the elecromagnetic field around our hearts detects and responds to the electromagnetoc fields around other peoples hearts. They research proved that hearts communicated in a way that was outside of our consciousness. When someone comes into the room your heart knows that they are there and the two hearts communicate.

I wonder if our stomachs do that.

Hello stomach, oh hello, howes your human treating you, oh terribly they keep forcing unchewed offal into me..oh it makes me ache. Oh that's too bad my human just had some Mango pudding from the Vegan Yum Cha down the street. See you stomach... Burp....

Antony

Mystic
Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:06 AM
LOL!

Here is a scenario stomach conversation between mine and my bf's

My stomach: Hi stomach, how are you
His stomach: Oh terrible - your person can't bake cookies for shit!!!!

eve
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:01 AM
I have a skinny person inside my body, and I keep her quiet by feeding her chocolate! :D

abrennan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:17 AM
I have a skinny person inside my body, and I keep her quiet by feeding her chocolate! :D

what is that skinny person saying that you need to keep her quiet

Antony:p

eve
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:06 PM
she keeps screaming to get out! :D

abrennan
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
she keeps screaming to get out! :D

LET ME OUT!!

Shut up and eat this chocolate

Ohh.... OK then:D

catmogg
Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:50 PM
Try chromium picolinate, it suppresses cravings...