PDA

View Full Version : Emergency sweet treat!

PinkFluffyCloud
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Sometimes when I feel desperate for something sweet I could almost eat a non-Vegan cake or choccie bar if it was put in front of me. :( I try not to buy sweet treats anymore because if they are there I gobble them all up, I'm such a piggy! :o So I found that this is a nice emergency snack for those days when I could kill for a sweet 'treat' -
Oats
Crunchy Peanut Butter
Marg
Brown Sugar
Cocoa Powder
Soya Milk
(I don't measure them, just put a large blob of marg, twice as big a blob of P.B, chuck in some sugar and oats and Cocoa and Soya Milk til it's like a sticky sort of ball). You heat the ingredients in a pan til they melt then immediately remove from heat and put in fridge til cold and set (eat half on way to fridge! :D ). Lovely, sickly, easy treat!. ;)

effulgent
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:01 PM
This is my favorite sweet treat, a recipe a got from the Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1583332057/qid=1111532124/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-8020610-9534208?v=glance&s=books&n=507846), one of my favorite recipe books.

Crisp Rice Treats

1 cup brown rice syrup
2/3 cup peanut butter
Healthy dash umeboshi vinegar
Healthy dash vanilla
3 cups crispy brown rice cereal

Over a medium flame, heat up brown rice syrup, peanut butter, vinegar and vanilla, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth, thinned out and a little bubbly.

Pour cereal into mixing bowl. Add rice syrup mixture to it and blend well with a wooden spoon.

Pour into oiled pan and flatten with a wet spatula.

Let cool, slice and serve.

When I make this, I use a 9"x9" pan greased with sesame oil. Beginning to end, these take about 15 minutes. and they keep for 4-5 days at least.

Tigerlily
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
I binge eat on sweets a lot. :( I always try to keep some soy ice cream on hand, a few yummy fig cookies, and sometimes a Tropical Source or Luna bar...but they never last the car ride home usually. :D

PinkFluffyCloud
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
I binge eat on sweets a lot. :( I always try to keep some soy ice cream on hand, a few yummy fig cookies, and sometimes a Tropical Source or Luna bar...but they never last the car ride home usually. :D

Snap!! I can eat 6 in one day if I feel bad enough! Shepherdboy Carob bars (the orange and raisin ones are my 'poison' :D ) are my worst downfall. :o

starsky79
Mar 24th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I buy the most delicious vegan cookies at my local health food store. They are called "Tom's Vegan Cookies" and they come in a bunch of flavors (oatmeal choc. chip is my fav). If you ever see them you must try them.

laura1983
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Anything made of chocolate!!

Tigerlily
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Mmmm, I love chocolate.

foxytina_69
Mar 25th, 2005, 02:41 AM
mmm i bought this very "luxurious" dark chocolate today w/ hazelnuts. its delicious. it was expensive, but very yummy.

Michelle
Mar 25th, 2005, 03:13 AM
This is my new favorite (although not so quick). These are definitely worth waiting one hour for and I usually already have all the ingredients on hand :) I found it at RecipeZaar:

Rusty's Chocolate Vegan Brownies #43783
This is an adaptation on a recipe already on recipezaar.com. It is a really moist and delicious brownie. No one would ever know it was Vegan.
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 cup ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate soy milk
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (gravenstein)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 servings
55 minutes 15 mins prep

RockyRaccoon
Mar 25th, 2005, 10:42 AM
This is my new favorite (although not so quick). These are definitely worth waiting one hour for
I hope so! I googled for vegan chocolate brownies last week and found this recipe and I'm making them tommorow. I was going to make a big chocolate cake for Easter, but I thought these would be more practical for the kids, decorated with whizzers chocolate mini eggs

celtic rose
Mar 28th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I always keep some marzipan in the cupboard. Not for baking, strictly for nibbling on :)