PDA

View Full Version : 4 Corners - Global Dimming

Cal
Mar 23rd, 2005, 04:36 AM
Did anyone else see 4 Corners on Monday 21 March? It was on Global Dimming and was pretty sobering. :( Hope this link works, my first try at this. :o

4 Corners ABC TV (http://abc.net.au/4corners/default.htm)

eve
Mar 25th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hi Cal, yes I watched 4 Corners last Monday, and just like most news we read about the environment, it is certainly sobering. Problem is that most people who are interested may feel that there is little they can do on the matter, and those who are not interested, go back to sleep. I'm one of those who feel quite helpless in the face of global warming and global dimming.

Your link worked fine. :)

Cal
Mar 26th, 2005, 12:25 AM
I'm one of those who feel quite helpless in the face of global warming and global dimming.

Your link worked fine. :)

I too feel helpless and have to pull myself out of a depressed state after viewing this sort of program and, even more so, after watching anything involving cruelty to animals. :(

BTW off topic, I love your baby hedgehog avatar, it always makes me smile. As a child (in Kenya) I rescued a hedgehog from an empty swimming pool (it was trundling around the bottom poor thing) and I was able to release it unharmed that evening. :)