PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Whipped Cream?

Tinpot
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to make vegan whipped cream? The closest I have found is parev cream which whips up but doesn't hold it's shaped when piped.

Anybody got any other ideas what I could add to help it keep its shape when piped or reccomend an alternative?

THanks

Spiral
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Hi Tinpot, you could try adding agar-agar to soya cream to thicken it. I have used a product in the past which I think is called veggie gel (?) to thicken soya cream too. it worked quite well.

starsky79
Mar 24th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I have done the same...it wasnt perfect but did the trick.

Kiva Dancer
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Where are you located?

That will help muchly in recommendations.

foxytina_69
Mar 25th, 2005, 02:37 AM
what about in canada for me :D also, are there any places to buy it online?

Kiva Dancer
Mar 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Tina, if you can get coconut milk, I've heard that the thick stuff at the top makes a great whipped cream. You have to beat it with a hand beater, whisk or a mixer (chill everything first), but it's pretty true to the dairy version in taste.

I'm not sure if it stands up like whipped cream, though.

Del
Mar 25th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Coconut oil which you can buy in the stores makes great cream. If you make it quite cold it really is thick and tastes very creamy :)

foxytina_69
Mar 26th, 2005, 03:42 AM
heres a recipe i found for vegan whipped cream:

1 lb soft tofu
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c soy milk

Combine tofu, vanilla and sugar in a blender or a food processor and process until smooth.

With the machine running, gradually add the soy milk through the feeder cap.
Refrigerate until serving time. It will keep for a week, but can also be frozen.

FR
Mar 26th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Hip Whip:

http://www.nowandzen.net/hipwhip.html

I am not sure if you can purchase it online, but here is a listing of here you can purchase it:

http://www.nowandzen.net/where.html