PDA

View Full Version : Governments 3 a day dairy plans!!!

Trendygirl
Mar 25th, 2005, 06:58 PM
This makes me mad! The government is trying to get people to eat 3 portions of dairy a day in the same way as they are trying to get the public to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day. http://www.milk.co.uk/ :mad:

Trendygirl
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Look what else they are saying. What are they kidding me?

"Cholesterol

Coronary heart disease is one of the biggest causes of death and ill health in the UK.

Fortunately there is something we can do about it - eating 3-A-Day has been shown to significantly lower cholesterol and thus the risk of coronary heart disease.

The DASH researchers estimate that a person on the diet for 10 years will reduce their risk of coronary heart disease by 12%. "

Kiva Dancer
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:07 PM
:( trendygirl

They're doing that same @#$%#%*&#$@^% over here (in US) but they're telling people that dairy can help you lose weight.

Is there no end to the lies that they can tell people in order to sell their product?

RockyRaccoon
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:29 PM
:eek: it just gets worse :(

You can leave feedback. Don't think they're going to like mine ;)

Trendygirl
Mar 25th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I might have got it a little wrong. I know this is what the dairy industry is doing but I’m not sure if the government is backing it. I wouldn’t be surprised. I had heard that the US was doing this as well but I hoped that they wouldn’t start it here! :(

They are also trying to say that it helps people to lose weight! Are the nuts?

Kiva Dancer
Mar 25th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Yes, they are. They're very nuts. And evil. :(

It wouldn't surprise me either if the government was backing this new dairy promotion. Seems the dairy industry and the government have been quite the bedfellows for the longest time (at least in US).

Artichoke47
Mar 28th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Calcium may aid in weight loss, but not cow milk necessarily. Obviously, meat eaters consume too much protein in general and therefore excrete the calcium; that's why they "need" 1,000 mg a day as opposed to the normal recommended amounts of 400 or 500 mg (for vegans). Eat some broccoli if you want to lose weight. ;)

l337_v3g4n_1
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Leading calcium expert Dr Michael Zemel and colleagues have shown that a diet rich in calcium can lead to weight loss over time.

over time? what the hell does that mean?

gertvegan
Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:11 AM
New Milk Development Council Campaign Endangers Women’s Health

A new campaign launched today by the Milk Development Council (MDC), and funded by British taxpayers, which aims to increase dairy consumption amongst young women has been labelled irresponsible and dangerous by the vegan campaign group Viva!

Regular intake of dairy products is increasingly being linked to serious diseases such as: breast, prostate and ovarian cancers; coronary heart disease; diabetes; Crohn’s disease; arthritis; gallstones and even osteoporosis – the precise disease we are told *drinking milk will prevent! Sensitivity to dairy products is also responsible for many common ailments such as asthma, eczema, ear infections, migraines, gastro-intestinal problems (including flatulence, constipation and diarrhoea) and acne.

The £3 million MDC campaign will try to persuade teenage girls that consuming more dairy products will lead to ‘Natural Beauty’, but recent research has found that regular milk intake – especially skimmed milk – is associated with teenage acne. The hormonal content of milk, which includes oestrogen, progesterone and androgen precursors, is believed to have a biologic effect in girls which causes acne – but may also increase the risk of other hormonally sensitive diseases such as breast and ovarian cancer. Claims that dairy products are essential for healthy bones have also been brought into question by new research which found that dairy products do not promote bone health in children and adolescents (Pediatrics, March 2005). Instead, activity during adolescence was shown to have a much greater influence on bone health than calcium intake.

Viva! campaigner, Toni Vernelli says: “The Milk Development Council is wholly irresponsible for jeopardising the health of young women by encouraging them to consume milk and other dairy products. Research continually shows that dairy products are not essential for human health and are in fact linked to many of our most serious diseases, particularly breast and prostate cancer. The fact that this mis-education campaign is funded by taxpayers simply adds insult to the injury that it will cause”.

snaffler
Apr 3rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
Yes go Government Go!!!! how clever of you to clogg up the blood stream of the public.

A few good reason to tell the Government to wake up alternatives

95% of UK Dairy Milk contains positmat step 2 a milk yeilder that cows are given and can cause growths in cows and humans.

It gives you heart attacks

5% of every pint of Milk is stomic puss from the cow

Blood traces have been found in Milk

It causes and triggers alergies

Its linked to IBS

Its EVIL :mad: