PDA

View Full Version : Vegan food is catching on!

Pages : [1] 2

kriz
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:35 AM
I took my friend to to a relatively new (opened in December) vegan restaurant :)

VeganMum
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Think I'll move to California :)

kriz
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM
It's nice.

VeganMum
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Swap you :)
You come to the UK and I'll go to California - fair exchange I reckon (for me)

kriz
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Oh, did I tell you, the new place is always packed. ;)

VeganMum
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:53 AM
It's ok us British are used to queueing :)

kriz
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:55 AM
No, I'm staying here now. :D But you should go here on a vegan vacation, enjoy the beaches and good food.

VeganMum
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Ok :)
Years ago I did go to Anaheim (for disney) and to San Diego and loved it. Would love to come back one day

kriz
Mar 27th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Santa Barbara is a very nice place, too.

Roxy
Mar 27th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Go by boat though. I recently spent a 9hr lay-over in the L.A. Airport and found most of the airport staff to be rude and unhappy. They need customer service training in order to greet visitors with a more welcoming attitude!

kriz
Mar 27th, 2005, 09:13 AM
You're right, Roxy. I don't know what has gotten into these people at the airport here, they're rude and careless. It didn't use to be like that, really. Maybe the working conditions worsened. :mad:

FR
Mar 27th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Oh, did I tell you, the new place is always packed. ;)

You Californians are so fortunate.

Rabbit
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I took my husband to a relatively new (opened in December) vegan restaurant. The place is called Vegan Glory and they serve delicious Thai food. We enjoyed everything so much that we decided to top it off by stopping at a little coffe house on our way home. And as I was zipping my coffe, I discovered a big sign across the street saying, "California Vegan" :eek: Another Thai vegan restaurant!! WOW! That's fabulous! You, guys, It doesn't end there - next week some friends are inviting me to a NEW vegan Ethiopian place....What's going on? I think this city is experiencing a vegan invasion. I'm so happy! :)

Hey Kriz!

I went to California Vegan last night and it was delicious! So much to choose from! :) I had what they called a BLT Burger with fries. Ummmmm. And carrot cake for dessert too.

Do you ever go to Native Foods in Westwood? That's my all time favorite place, but I can never find parking and it's not a very nice "sit down" type of place either. Pricey too. I love their Temphe Chips and Save The Chicken Wings. I usually order "to go".

I'm starting to see more and more restaurants cater to the vegan life style.

Gorilla
Mar 30th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Wow Kriz you're lucky. :) i live in a pretty veggie-friendly place, but there's not a single 100% vegan restaurant for miles around. another good veggie restaurant here closed down recently. :( and to hear that your restaurants actually have the word 'vegan' in their names - i don't think they'd be too popular in the UK!! :eek:

VeganMum
Mar 30th, 2005, 08:17 AM
I wish Portsmouth would catch up. I have one veggie "cafe" near me and the next one is about 15 miles away. I don't know of a single vegan one at all. Luckily I do have a decent independent health food shop near I work but thats about it. I really think I need to move ......

Aurora
Mar 30th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Well don't move to Essex then, they don't even understand the word let alone have places to eat here. The nearest vegan/veggie place to me is in Norwich or going the other direction Cambridge.

Rabbit
Mar 30th, 2005, 06:55 PM
I've always wanted to live in an area that didn't have too much competition and open up my own little vegan cafe! :) Nothing too elaborate.

Soups, sandwiches, light meals, desserts...just a standard menu where people can come in, grab something to eat and not have to wonder "gee...are these french fries fried in the same oil used to fry an animal with, OR was this cream sauce or dessert made with milk?

Everything would be animal friendly!

I love my animal friends...why would anyone want to eat them??? :confused:

I'm glad everyone on this forum lives a vegan life style, and you're all so very kind and friendly too! :D

Thank you. :p

kriz
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:28 AM
Hey Kriz!

I went to California Vegan last night and it was delicious! So much to choose from! :) I had what they called a BLT Burger with fries. Ummmmm. And carrot cake for dessert too.

Do you ever go to Native Foods in Westwood? That's my all time favorite place, but I can never find parking and it's not a very nice "sit down" type of place either. Pricey too. I love their Temphe Chips and Save The Chicken Wings. I usually order "to go".

I'm starting to see more and more restaurants cater to the vegan life style.
I love Native Foods too! :)

VeganMum
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:58 AM
Are you positive no one wants to swap houses with me ? After all here I have one health food shop and zero vegan restaurants ... fair swap I think :)

kriz
Apr 1st, 2005, 05:08 AM
We would have to swap dogs too, then!!!! :D

VeganMum
Apr 1st, 2005, 05:31 AM
As tempting as it sounds, I may have to reconsider :)
Although - I bet yours doesn't snore as much as Jessie or manage to take up all the room in a king size bed

kriz
Apr 1st, 2005, 07:29 AM
Mine is a true "mama boy" and wouldn't let me leave anyways.

Rabbit
Apr 4th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Kriz,

Where is "Vegan Glory" located in Santa Monica??? :confused: Ummm, Ethiopian food...I'd love to try some. I know that strip of stores/restaurants on Fairfax. Huell Howser did a special on the particular area. I always wanted to try it. Now even more so since I hear it's vegan. What is the name of that restaurant you went to there? Was it "pricey" or reasonable?

Is your puppy a whippet or greyhound? Very, very sweet face. I love the LONG nose. :D

kriz
Apr 5th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Unfortunately, there's no "Vegan Glory" on the westside, not yet ... :) :)

kriz
Apr 5th, 2005, 04:00 AM
I'm happy you liked my little companion, 3 years old...but acts like a puppy...plays with squeaky toys all day long. :D And sleeps a lot, too.