PDA

View Full Version : Veggie TV

Pages : [1] 2

gertvegan
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I've read today that Karin Ridgers who has just been awarded one of the Action for Animals Awards by Viva, who has formed and runs vegan Essex, is organising the world vegan day Essex event on Friday, is now working on her dream of getting her own veggie TV programme. Theres a little bit more about her in the Vegan Independent Productions (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1458) .

gertvegan
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Imaner (www.imaner.net) have been busy working on the pilot website for an exciting new project. Called Veggie Vision, it is an internet TV station with veggie-related mini programmes and features. You can take a sneak preview HERE. (http://www.veggievision.co.uk/)

With mini clips of Pulse Café, Discovery, Hopefield, World Vegan Day, and Why Vegan. And if any Uk veganforumers saw cameras at the Christmas Without Cruelty Fayre 2004 (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111) in London in December, that'll be because Veggie Vision were there to film the fun. Thats coming soon. :eek:

There is at least one veganforumer on there to be seen.

I like it. :cool:

gertvegan
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Do you have a favourite vegan food, restaurant or recipe which you would like to share with the world? you can send your 1 minute video to Veggie Vision.

Gorilla
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:17 PM
thanks Gert. :) where's the veganforumer on Veggie Vision then? i couldn't spot anyone i recognised.

gertvegan
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Oh they're on there. You've never met them that gorilla, as far as I'm aware.

snaffler
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I like that Website Gert I watched some of the Videos this morning......
Hmm shows whos not busy at work today then LOL ;)

cedarblue
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Imaner (www.imaner.net) have been busy working on the pilot website for an exciting new project. Called Veggie Vision, it is an internet TV station with veggie-related mini programmes and features. You can take a sneak preview HERE. (http://www.veggievision.co.uk/)

With mini clips of Pulse Café, Discovery, Hopefield, World Vegan Day, and Why Vegan. And if any Uk veganforumers saw cameras at the Christmas Without Cruelty Fayre 2004 (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111) in London in December, that'll be because Veggie Vision were there to film the fun. Thats coming soon. :eek:

There is at least one veganforumer on there to be seen.

I like it. :cool:

the mini film clips didnt run for me :(

snaffler
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:36 PM
the mini film clips didnt run for me :(

Have you got Realplayer on your PC ?

If not you can download a free copy of Realplayer basic from HERE (http://uk.real.com/radiopass/?&src=ZG.uk.idx)

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on the Download Now Button (which has test underneath saying The basic player is always yours to keep!)

Once you have downloaded this I think you have to register but always stick to the free option which is always the smallest link, much like hotmail)

Once this is set up on your PC you will be able to watch any Realmedia streamed files online)

Let me know if ya get stuck.

Trendygirl
Mar 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.veggievision.co.uk/index.htm

Does anyone know about this? You can film your own piece and send it to them. I think it’s a great idea!

gertvegan
Mar 27th, 2005, 07:51 PM
I agree Tgirl, it is a great idea. Theres at least two veganforumers on there already, and when they show what was filmed at the Christmas Without Cruelty Fayre, maybe more, maybe you. :)

Shisha Fiend
Mar 27th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I'm on that apparently, doing an 'ident'. I can't see it though as my computer doesn't have Realplayer, or whatever the 'plugin' is. :(

xxx

Kaz
Apr 29th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Veggie Internet TV Station!

Hi Vegan Forum!

I have just been checking out your website and thought I would tell u about our new project in the UK :D

www.veggievision.com

Even though we haven't launched as yet we have received emails from all as
far away as Italy, USA and Australia!

We have about 20 mini progs being edited and these will be added shortly and we filmed with Benjamin Zephaniah and Jerome Flynn a few weeks ago

VeggieVision.com aims to promote everything positive about non animal eating and if you or your friends would like to be involved in some way
please let me know!

What about maybe sending in a mini programme about your veggie fridge, or
a piece about why you went veggie or even some cooking! If you have a veggie cafe nearby and would like to film there pls let me know. (**All the food must be vegan though - so no dairy!**)

I hope that you would like to be involved and please share the site
with your email list - veggie or not!

Heres a bit about me:

www.karinridgers.tv

www.mad-promotions.com

www.innerlightinc.com/karin/mystory.cfm

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you tell any friends that may be interested about the project too!

With best vegan wishes - Karin and the VeggieVision.com team :O)

Presenter, educator and informer, bringing issues like veganism and healthy
compassionate living to a wide audience

**Mega thanks to everyone who is involved especially - www.imaner.com **

Roxy
Apr 29th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks Karin for the link to Veggie Vision. I enjoyed watching the 5 mini progs that you have up on the site and I'm looking forward to receiving site updates :)

Kaz
May 24th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Hi fellow vegans :D

Can I share with u the latest with VeggieVision:

Hope u enjoy it and love u to join in!

*To celebrate National Vegetarian Week the new programmes and channels are now live

* Check Out an exclusive interview with actor Jerome Flynn!

* Check out new VeggieVision presenters Jay Dave and Jeff Chandler

*The programmes are now available in 2 formats - RealPlayer and Windows Media Player (this is all done behind the scenes).

*We have evolved the Credits page into Meet the Team

During the week we will be rolling out the 2nd part of the Jerome Flynn
interview and a skincare mini programme!

With best vegan wishes Karin ;) , Andy ;) and Libby ;) and all the VeggieVision team! :) :) :) :) :)

www.imaner.net

*PR and events for people who make a difference* www.mad-promotions.com

* Veggie Internet TV station - cookery, celebs, info* www.veggievision.com

*Invest in your health-Go Supergreens* www.innerlightinc.com/karin/mystory.cfm

gertvegan
May 24th, 2005, 11:00 AM
VEGGIE VISION!

The BBC may be on strike - but Veggie Vision isn't! We've added some fantastic new programmes for veggie week, including part 1 of our exclusive interview with Jerome Flynn. Check it out at www.veggievision.com

Just like that!

gertvegan
Jun 10th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Benjamin Zephaniah has given an exclusive interview to Veggie Vision, the new vegan-run internet TV station. The interview is in three parts, with the first part going live on Veggie Vision today at www.veggievision.com ;)

gertvegan
Jun 10th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Part 2 of our exclusive interview with Benjamin Zephaniah will be online on 24th June. Theres also plans to launch a Guest Slot, with programmes from Viva! and McLibel in the pipeline.

Kevster
Jun 12th, 2005, 09:38 PM
What a great website, that cracked me up, the hamster guys at Hopefield Animal Sanctuary rock.

gertvegan
Jun 16th, 2005, 07:29 PM
New Vegans Wanted!

New Vegans wanted who would like to keep a video diary of their first steps of veganism - for www.veggievision.co.uk

gertvegan
Jun 17th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I received this via email today, anyone interested contact veggie vision. :)

Pls let me know if you are interested in a 2 or 5 full day TV presenting course that takes place in London, UK - we get a fab discount for group bookings!

(Prices are around £200 for 2 days and £400 for 5 days - for beginners and people with some experience, a tour of a TV studio, feedback and autocue training - great for improving confidence too)

Mister The Cat
Jun 20th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I'm on that apparently, doing an 'ident'. I can't see it though as my computer doesn't have Realplayer, or whatever the 'plugin' is. :(

xxx

Sorry to be an eejit but what is an 'ident'?

gertvegan
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Benjamin Zephaniah

Part 2 of Veggie Vision's exclusive interview with BZ is now online at www.veggievision.co.uk

gertvegan
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Webscape (http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_clickonline.asp?pageid=665&co_pageid=6)

September 8th 2005

It never ceases to amaze me just how diverse the multimedia content is on the web. No matter what your hobbies or interests are, there is always plenty of information online, and Veggie Vision is a fine example of some great free content all about being a vegetarian.

It's still quite a young channel, so don't expect hours and hours of content yet, but they've already managed to secure a couple of veggie-celeb interviews, and there are some great recipes and reports in the archives.

To access these archives, on the opening page click the top link and then you'll be inside the main veggie vision menu section. The three subsections are pretty much self-explanatory, although it's worth noting that the roving reports will only really interest those living in, or about to visit the UK.

To watch just click a link and then sit back and enjoy the programme, TV style. It's perhaps not the most imaginative use of the web's delivery capabilities, but it doesn't all have to be interaction. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and absorb.

The text links at the bottom of the screen will take you to various sections that tell you more about the website and what's coming up. And if you want a little online fame yourself, in the My Vision section you can even submit your own 1-minute video demonstrating your favourite vegan recipe. Good luck with that.

Roxy
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks Gert. :) I get updates from Veggie Vision in my email. Although I'm not in the U.K. I still like to watch the programmes. Some of the cooking ones are good. That guy is so quick!

the_marmite_kid
Sep 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
i saw this for the first time just recently, i had a go at the spinach and chickpea curry which was nice but not special, the radish, green pepper and carrot dish on the other hand was super nice, im making it again and this time making double the amount :)

its a good idea to have a little video clip with someone running through the recipe so you know exactly when to put what in :)