PDA

View Full Version : Vegan English Muffin Pizzas

Gorilla
Mar 28th, 2005, 08:00 PM
i thought i'd posted this here, but can't find it, so here it is! it's such a quick and easy recipe, adapted from what my mum used to make with dairy cheese when i was younger, so it's great for kids!

Vegan English Muffin Pizzas

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

2 English muffins, cut in half
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp mixed herbs
melting vegan 'cheese', sliced or grated (i use Redwood mozzarella style melting Cheezly)

spread the halved muffins liberally with tomato puree. cover this with as much melting 'cheese' as you like, and then sprinkle with mixed herbs. place them under a medium grill, and heat until the 'cheese' has melted. Enjoy (but be careful they'll be really hot when you first take them out!)!! :)

VeganMum
Mar 28th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Mmm I think Im gonna make them tomorrow for my lunch :)
I had my fave dinner tonight - mashed swede, broccoli, carrots, roast parsnips and spring greens all mashed up together and dressed with home made mint sauce

Gorilla
Mar 28th, 2005, 08:09 PM
that sounds good VeganMum :)

i just realised i forgot to say, with regard to the English muffins, please check if you buy them that they are vegan. some of the English muffins i have seen in supermarkets contain butter or cheese. i would advise you to check the labels carefully.

Poison Ivy
Mar 29th, 2005, 04:03 PM
i thought i'd posted this here, but can't find it, so here it is! it's such a quick and easy recipe, adapted from what my mum used to make with dairy cheese when i was younger, so it's great for kids!

Vegan English Muffin Pizzas

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

2 English muffins, cut in half
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp mixed herbs
melting vegan 'cheese', sliced or grated (i use Redwood mozzarella style melting Cheezly)

spread the halved muffins liberally with tomato puree. cover this with as much melting 'cheese' as you like, and then sprinkle with mixed herbs. place them under a medium grill, and heat until the 'cheese' has melted. Enjoy (but be careful they'll be really hot when you first take them out!)!! :)

Spooky, I made some of these a couple of weeks ago, but I put rabbit and mouse faces on using bits of mushrooms, olives, sweetcorn kernels and carrot sticks for the kids!!

They are indeed very yummy!! :)

VeganMum
Mar 29th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Just had to say I had these today for lunch and they are yum .... I will put veggies on too next time and can see them becoming very much a regular lunch dish in our house. Thanks for the idea

karen

Gorilla
Mar 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
glad you liked them VeganMum.

as PI suggested they'd be great with any veggies you like on them as well, i prefer them without but then i'm lazy :p