PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian need help in Singapore

Pages : 1 [2]

Jamie
Oct 10th, 2006, 11:40 AM
thanks for the info! :)

We are after a cheap rather than expensive tailor ;) or just good value anyway! When we went for a wander along some of the Orchard Road malls, there seemed to be quite a few little tailors shops, but it was all a bit warren-like so if we went to them we'd have to make sure we could find our way back! And I've heard the best way to find a tailor is personal reccomendation. But there are some reccomended in guidebooks and articles online.

I'm really surprised that there isn't the concept of 'holiday flats' around in Singapore, but I suppose with cheap abundant food around, people wouldn't usually bother. I just couldn't bear eating junk food all the time.

I haven't had a reply from the apartment rental place I emailed, but I will give it another couple of days, and we may just end up deciding to have a shorter trip there (ie no weekend) and hope we can get the suits sorted out in the few days and just maybe find a couple of good places for vegan food and eat there often!

With the suits, which is the main reason for the stopover (we will sightsee while there of course, when the suits are being made up), I was hoping we can find a place on the first day we are there, I've heard there are several who can make a suit in 24 hours, get one made up at first to see how it looks and ask them to keep the pattern because if it's fine we would get more made up. I think a few tailors mentioned online even have their own websites so I could contact them in advance.

Anyway I'll go off and buy a Lonely Planet or something today, to see what they reccomend for accom, and tailors too etc. I did have one for last time we went but I'm not sure if I kept it when we moved!

Jamie
Jan 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Just to update - only a week to go till we set off! :)

We have got a suite at the Metro-Y (YMCA), which has a kitchen, so we will be able to cook.

Still no reccomendations on the tailor but we'll see what we find when we get there (and ask at the hotel!).

I've got details of quite a few places for food but sometimes the addresses are hard to decipher... or impossible! So I'll just have to see how we go.

rujoon
Jan 25th, 2007, 09:21 AM
So how was the trip? You look familiar, did u drop by the Vegetarian Society Singapore forum too? :)

Jamie
Jan 25th, 2007, 11:09 PM
yes! lol I get around ;) I'll have to drop back when I've got more time and post about it! :)

rujoon
Jan 26th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Oh do post about it! It will help people coming here :) I hope it's been a nice stay for u.